Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The shed in the morning

Today will be a sunny day Smile

[Image: morningshed.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hey... I recognise this one from somehwere... it's the shed from this thread isn't it? Big Grin

I like the close up - there's certainly a lot of interest in the shed.

I wonder what's in there!
I think "Today will be a sunny day " is a good title for it Big Grin
You can see the morning-ness of it!

Yes it is the same shed Rolleyes
It is not special, it is old, rotten and abandoned, but somehow it is interesting. Also it is infront of my studio so I see it all the time, and today was looking great. I think that wood is very expressive, well, at least to me. It takes so many differente colors depending on the weather. It is so beautiful in rainy season, because it turns darker with some shades of green... Could it be that I am getting old????
What it has inside isn't interesting, just old things from my neighbour...
Also, it was a try to my new technique to make the wood more appealing Wink

Thanks for your comments. Smile

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Also, it was a try to my new technique to make the wood more appealing Wink \

Ooo.. what technique was that?

In the picture of the benches, Don and Toad suggested me to work a little with the wood, to have more texture. So now I sharp a little more the places with wood and it turns better, to give more color and texture.

Did you know that now I am taking pictures with manual mode? It has been a little disappointing because a lot of my pictures are blurred but the good ones are really good Smile I am very happy for that. I hope one day I get more good ones than brurred ones Smile

Paul Cezanne

Very nice light and texture, Irma!

Hi Irma

looks like you have still not set your camera settings? the contrats and colours look a bit off?

Take care

Christian

[Image: 3_morningshed.jpg]

Smile Thanks

Paul Cezanne

Hey, I think I see a chicken popping his head out the door. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

byrt_001 Wrote:Hi Irma

looks like you have still not set your camera settings? the contrats and colours look a bit off?

Take care

Christian

Then maybe you might like to be more specific and explain to Irma exactly what she might do to alter the settings on her camera AND offer precise explanations as to which software you used and detail all the tweaks you did when altering her image.

Altering her image and reposting it with comments such as telling her she hasn't "set her camera settings?" and "the contrast and colour look a bit off" without a more detailed explanation is useless imho.

Reposting her image, bearing your own alterations without detailed explanations, especially here in the PHOTO SHOWCASE forum - is just downright rude in my opinion!

Polly

I like the processing you did Christian. Would you offer some insight as to what you did along with your critique please?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

It's quite possible, as you'll probably know, to match this effect with manual level and saturation.
Even so, that operation is a matter of taste, and not error.

Cave canem

The texture is what you want so you need a tighter crop to eliminate more background. The light is lovely.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Hi

Polly" we have discuss the camera setting with Irma before, for that resond i was asking againg if she have change anything? Qoute "still"

Well I ussually repost their own pixs just to let them know that could be better with just a little two secs in photoshop. and usually it says a lot a reposted pix that explaining what i would change.

In this one:

duplicated layer
and been a photographer that have printed in b/w and colour. I just dodge and burn a little here and there. then saturated the colours a little here and there. two secs in photoshop.

yeeeahhh im ruuudeeee... and not very diplomatic. Im trying to improve

Take care

Christian

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by MrB
Apr 19, 2017, 03:13
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Mar 4, 2017, 19:10
Last Post by EnglishBob
Aug 30, 2016, 12:43