Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

B.C. Mountains

Here are a few shots of the mountains as seen from near Forte Langley. The area on the other side of the river would be Maple Ridge.

[Image: s-Reach-5.jpg]

[Image: s-Reach-10.jpg]

[Image: s-Reach-18.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

They are postcards!! My favorites are #1, #2, #3 and #4 Smile Wonderful images.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks Irma. It was a beautiful day. I removed the first photo. #1 and #3 were identical.

My flickr images

That's fabulous landscape and I reckon you did it justice with those 3 beautiful shots!

My favourite is the last (3rd) one. I particularly like the composition with that (?) Birch on the right (white tree trunk). I also like the way the top of the tree goes way up to the sky giving a feeling of distance and perspective. The colours are wonderful with all those variations in the trees. Sky, mountains and cloud colours are all beautifully blending too - and well matched with the colours from the trees and vegetation beneath.

All in all - I love this picci Smile

Polly

This looks a bit like Bavaria - I love it! Big Grin Thanks for sharing!

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Great shots, nice work.

We have a similar view from here in Fresno when the weather is clear, unfortunately the smog makes anything taken at that distance very hazy and washed out.

Thanks all. I'd say I like #3 the most also. Smile

My flickr images

Hi

this is my favorite as it show a lot more of the diference and at the same time oppositive of winter. the warm tones of the trees and the cold colours of the mountains.

[Image: 37_s-Reach-18.jpg]

Regards

Christian

The last edit looks a bit like Vancouver - but I've never seen local trees that color... Big Grin

Great shots! Snow capped peaks... ah... what great scenery.

It's really neat when you actually have something to photograph. Lol.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Yes, it is quite beautiful. On days as clear as we've been getting you can stand in one spot, turn around in a 360 and see the mountains completely surround you. I need to get to some place high enough to get such a pano. The only place I can think of is the Alex Fraser Bridge.

My flickr images

I have to agree that #3 is my favorite.........this is a framer to me!

I think you have set yourself a good project for a panorama.

Thanks Russ. I believe I do.

My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Apr 22, 2006, 18:08
Last Post by daiashthomas
Mar 4, 2006, 18:26