Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blue Heron for Mitch

On the way home I spotted this fellow by some cranberry Fields. I was only able to get the one shot. I had went back to my truck for my monopod, returned and he flew before I could get a shot off. They are so common it shouldn't be long before I get another shot of one.

[Image: s-Reach-21.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Great shot, Pet-o! I absolutely love this one. The bird is tack sharp and the blurred background is phenomenal.

Yay - that's a cracker!

I dare bet it looks superb at full size and viewed at full screen!

It's the sort of shot I'd use for wallpaper - nice subject in a place where I don't keep folders so I could enjoy looking at the bird and perfect blurred background so the folders and icons were easily seen but not interfering with my view of the bird.

My husband and I have a bit of ongoing rivalry with our respective shots. We keep a few in a folder and when our sons come home they choose a winner. The winning wallpaper has to be displayed on all our PCs for the duration of their visit.

Yeah ok - we're a pair of sad old gits Big Grin

Polly

Ah, my nemesis!

Nice use of shallow DOF. I like this "portrait" too.

One of these years I'm going to nab that sucker with a head-on, wings-spread, landing-near-the-water shot, super-sharp and perfectly focused, and then I'll be happy. Until then ...

Thanks people. This is a crop of the original. There was too much landscape to either side of the bird.
Here is the data on the shot, hand held.
1/320 sec
f-5.6
iso 100
focal length-300mm

Here is the original.

[Image: s-Reach-021.jpg]

My flickr images

Singing....

Let me take you down...
Cause I'm going to...
Cranberry fields....

(Great capture C)

Thanks bud. Smile

My flickr images

I know your picture is beautiful, that is great because of the sharpness of the bird and the difficulty to get it ... but you know .. what I like the most of your picture is the background!!! Smile The colors are fantastic....

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

hi

well let me be the person who say something negative, but hope it open eyes on whats wrong on the pix.

the little white bars are very distracting it looks like it is a going to farm something. also Irma say it the sharpness.

Anyway looove the birrds, and are extremely dificult ot shoot.

Take care

Christian

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jocko
Feb 8, 2016, 08:01