• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hanging around down by the tracks...

Detail...

[Image: Railway.jpg]

New Tracks and Old...

[Image: New%20Tracks%20and%20Old.jpg]

Splendid! Really lovely...

#1 - the symmertry and lines stand out and grab attention

#2 I love the curved yet parallet tracks...

Beautifuly represented how to work with lines. I like it very much Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great stuff!

It's fascinating to see the side-by-side comparison between the old and the new, the straight and the curved.

Polly

#1 is fantastic Rob! I love how the lines curve ever so slightly from bottom to top.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I like #2. The freight tracks and the sky train tracks side by each.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks folks - these were 2 quick shots that I snapped on the way to work yesterday. I had to crop #2 quite a bit to make the lines stand out - but I knew I liked #1 even in the viewfinder.

Jerry: yes - the slight curve is what makes the composition of this one IMO. Thanks for noticing.

Hi

Just wanted to comment on composition as could be improved the shot to this one:

[Image: New.jpg]

The first one needs something else? it just lucks something?

Regards

Christian

I see what you mean about #2 - the next time I work on this photo I will crop it tighter.

As for #1 - The minimalist treatment is meant to highlight the lines and textures of the tracks - the 2 dimensional capture angle is intended to further abstract the subject and reduce it to forms and lines.

I think less is more in this type of shot. My other attempts at this one involved even further simplification - essentially reducing the photo to only lines and shapes. I also tried color changes such as sepia and high contrast B&W. In the end, I settled on this naturalistic yet abstract treatment.

I realize that this sort of photo does not appeal to everyone's tastes, however. Thanks for looking.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
May 26, 2017, 10:22