Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Photo Competition: Diversity

I can't belive it... I came up with some what I thought good ideas... shot them.... and 2 of them were already in the gallery befre I uploaded them.... or at least very similar ones! Guess that's what I get for being a slow poke,

Hey Bob, but I don't think it matters very much if it is simillar or the same object... It happened to me the same with two pictures actually, and I posted them... At the end the beauty of the picture is what matters and makes the difference Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

EnglishBob Wrote:I can't belive it... I came up with some what I thought good ideas... shot them.... and 2 of them were already in the gallery befre I uploaded them.... or at least very similar ones! Guess that's what I get for being a slow poke,

Hmm, did I suggest to show the pictures only when the competition is closed? Smile

I have another suggestion, rather late I know. We all put quite some thought into these pictures, but all we get to know is which one is the winner (at least so it was announced). I don't mind much if my entries don't win, but I would appreciate very much a little feedback from the judge. I'm not asking for a ranking, but some comment about idea, composition and technical things would be very nice to have from the one who judges, especially if he/she is a professional photographer. This would help me a lot for further competitions, I'd know next time what I should avoid or what I should improve.

I think this should be possible as there are not too many entries, shouldn't it?

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Hey G... all good ideas.

I would love to see feedback on some of the photos, as they are all very well done. Only thing is, I'm getting my pro photographer friend to do the judging as a favour, and I think critiquing 24+ entries is a bit much for a busy man to do single-handedly...

I am getting him to choose the winner and two runner ups and critique those though.

Maybe if everyone could post comments on all the photos? Would that help?

Maybe I should make it 1 submission per person in future... Big Grin

Quote:Photos used in submissions have to be captured by the entrant during the duration of the competition. Up to 3 submissions per person will be accepted, and originals may be requested to validate entries.

Some of the people seem to of missed this rule... as certain images are much older than the last week,

EnglishBob Wrote:
Quote:Photos used in submissions have to be captured by the entrant during the duration of the competition. Up to 3 submissions per person will be accepted, and originals may be requested to validate entries.

Some of the people seem to of missed this rule... as certain images are much older than the last week,

Are they?

Are you sure EB?

Cave canem

EnglishBob Wrote:I can't belive it... I came up with some what I thought good ideas... shot them.... and 2 of them were already in the gallery befre I uploaded them.... or at least very similar ones! Guess that's what I get for being a slow poke,

Me too! but it's not going to stop me from submitting my inferior picture! hehe

What's the time where you live?

Adam!

[Image: 72_tnbomb%20PLUS.jpg]

Cave canem

What is rice pudding? Smile
I can't wait for it to explode; haven't tried it before.
I used to eat rice every night Smile

oops! I forgot to add changes! how do i add it!

Ok everyone, it's now midnight Australian Eastern Standard Time, and the competition submissions are now officially closed.

Wow, I'm so overwhelmed! We've had no less than 33 entries, from people all over the world. A huge thank you to all who put in the time and effort to submit entries - each one is a work of art in its own right, and I've really enjoyed looking through them all.

I'm sure you're all anxious to know who the winner is. Kevin Lee, a Sydney-based photographer will doing the honours of judging the winner over the course of today, and the results will be posted later in the day.

Once again, I'd like to thank our sponsors, Camera Farm (www.camerafarm.com.au) for their generous contributions.

I hope everyone has had as much fun as I have. Feel free to browse the gallery and post your comments and compliments to the entrants - I'm sure they would love to hear what you think of their work.

Hi

I just went to check the exact date an Im very sorry to say that I shot them on Saturday the 26 of February. Im very sorry about that and I would like to apologise to you and the forum. I have no resons it is my problem as I should have double check the date on the papers.

Thanks

Say Byrt, is it right that you were "press photographer of the year" ???
You are a full-time pro, yes????

Yes.

Cave canem

No entries from Jamie, Toad, Slej and Conk. Why?
What are we missing here? :/

Cave canem

adam Wrote:What is rice pudding? Smile
I can't wait for it to explode; haven't tried it before.
I used to eat rice every night Smile

Do you know, I cant find a good picture of rice pud? Looks like I'll have to take one myself. :o

Cave canem

good one rufie ... lets hope yourrice pudding bomb doesnt explode on me .. i dont really like thestuff...

A big congratulations and thank you to everyone who participated in the CameraFarm Shuttertalk photo competition!

On behalf of CameraFarm, I'd also like to thank you for your feedback and suggestions. Thank you for taking the time to help us out with what you like and what we can be doing better - we will definitely be looking to implement a number of your suggestions as well.

All the best for the competition!

Best regards

Rob Torrens

CameraFarm

Rufus Wrote:No entries from Jamie, Toad, Slej and Conk. Why?

Hey I wish I had the time and imagination, I thought of a few things but working, parenting and shooting has left me a bit stretched.

Working? Do you work, James? What do you do? :/

Parenting? Hmmm, I'm e-mailing your good lady. Tongue

Shooting? Those poor victims! :o

Anyhow, that doesnt explain the absence of S,T and C. Where are they?

Why did everyone think this was a "result" post?

Who is the masked dog?

Hello.

Cave canem

Hi Rufus,
I thought I was the only one online Smile

Paul Cezanne

Rufus Wrote:No entries from Jamie, Toad, Slej and Conk. Why?

My excuses are similar to Jamie's. Just been too busy to shoot. I actually lobbied to get the shooting period extended, but rules are rules. Had some nice ideas for the subject, though.

I thought the same about the shooting period, it was short for people working full time. I hope we have longer period next time, so we can count with your participation and the other members who couldn't manage this time as well... Smile

Paul Cezanne

I'm visiting this thread about twice an hour irma....I'm here waiting for the results with worms in my mouth... errm... baited breath I mean! Big Grin

Oh sorry everyone - the judge is still judging.... I'll post the results as soon as they come online. I am expecting them in about 2 hours...