Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The Making Of... (competition review)

I really enjoyed the competition, it was great fun to work on the entries. Our flat looked like a battlefield on Sunday afternoon! Big Grin

Irma and I were thinking we might extend the fun a little. Do you have pictures of how you made the pictures? Dismissed candidates for entries? A story about the making of your entry?

Here is my "Making Of Poor Man's Gold":

[Image: 257_DSCN0993_making_of.jpg]

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

not often you see a photo in a frame before its taken!

<><
Camera: Panasonic Lumix FZ10
Image Management/Editing:ArcSoft PhotoBase4
Advanced Image Editing: Adobe PhotoShop 7

Great idea, G Big Grin

Here's my battlefield for "Odd ones out"...

[Image: DSCF4143.JPG]

Oooops, I ate most of them already... the pink and blue ones were the first to go! Big Grin

By the way, G, is that an actual picture? Or did you put a frame around your actual 3D props?

Hmmm,

Looks like you went to a lot of trouble Guerito. Mind you, I was going to enter this:

[Image: crow.jpg]

but by the time I'd painted a sunset on the lounge wall and fetched the TV aerial off the roof the competition was almost over (and I realised it didn't show diversity), so I did something else instead!

Worse still, we have't been able to watch TV since then because the aerial's still in the lounge and the crow keeps swooping down and stealing our meals!
Smile -NN

This looks so incredibly slick. I love the way you work.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Lol @ NN Big Grin

Bet the mutt and the crow don't get along too well... Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:By the way, G, is that an actual picture? Or did you put a frame around your actual 3D props?

Everything was real, I mean real bread, real rolls in a real basket, a real knife. I practically built a stage and set everything up. The front wall is a sheet of cardboard with wallpaper and the wooden part of an ordinary picture frame, the inside of the frame cut out. This was the difficult part, actually. After applying the wallpaper to the cardboard, the cardboard started to develop waves! It looked like the North Sea in a storm. It didn't matter much in the end as I nailed the whole thing to my bookshelf. The final picture was cropped close to the frame, so you don't see any irregularities there. Big Grin

Now here is another picture of the scene (Thanks to Irma)...

[Image: P1000102.jpg]