Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Singapore by night

Here are some photos I took from my hotel room during my recent trip to Singapore... please feel free to comments... thanks

[Image: DSC_0393.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0394.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0400.JPG]

[Image: DSC_0405.JPG]

These are wonderful night shots. I do think the last one was damaged by camera movement.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Oooh, I love night shots! They're gorgeous!

#1 and #2 look a bit noisy though.. what ISO were you using?

#4 is an interesting technique! Big Grin

Don Schaeffer Wrote:These are wonderful night shots. I do think the last one was damaged by camera movement.

--Don

Thanks for the compliment.

Hey Don, the last photo was not damaged by movement, I did that on purpose. My attempt to be artistic.

shuttertalk Wrote:#1 and #2 look a bit noisy though.. what ISO were you using?

I think tis ISO 400. Setting is F/8, 6 seconds. That's probably why it seems busy.

shuttertalk Wrote:#4 is an interesting technique! Big Grin

Interesting good or interesting bad? I had to move the camera in circular motion and exposed for around 6 secs to get that effect.

Beautiful and colorful! Very nice!

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I really like the first one, I've never seen it from that angle Big Grin
So high up, very nice.

The last one reminds me of a Christmas tree Big Grin

Nice shots but I am thinking that the ISO was set a little high or perhaps a little more de-noising in post to clear up the sky a bit might "help".

What camera?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Beautiful night shots! Smile My favorite the #3 Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I like them. Agree that their is noise. Wish i could find a good vantage point like that to take night shots.

Teddy

Nikon d70
Nikkor 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5g ED
Nikkor 70-210 1:4-5.6 d

Thanks everyone for the nice comments... will definitely keep the tips in mind. Smile

Peted: I used D70, Nikkor 18-70mm lens.

Teddy: FYI - I took that from room balcony at Swissotel Stamford in Singapore. You must request for a harbour view room - level 55 (and above). S$50 extra per night for the view is totally worth it.

Actually, I am totally hopeless when it comes to photoshopping. Any ideas on how to fix the noise problem using photoshop?

Thanks heaps.
LY

Definitely worth it... Big Grin

Hm... maybe Filter -> Noise -> Dust and Scratches...

You may have limited success but I think a plugin such as Noise Ninja will definintely do a better job.

lemangoholic Wrote:Thanks everyone for the nice comments... will definitely keep the tips in mind. Smile

Peted: I used D70, Nikkor 18-70mm lens.

Teddy: FYI - I took that from room balcony at Swissotel Stamford in Singapore. You must request for a harbour view room - level 55 (and above). S$50 extra per night for the view is totally worth it.

Actually, I am totally hopeless when it comes to photoshopping. Any ideas on how to fix the noise problem using photoshop?

Thanks heaps.
LY

Thanks. 55 floors, sheesh, I am a rock climber and thats high even for me!!

Albert Einstein

I use DCE tools and one quick play did this. It may not be what you wre after or you might like more noise reduction or whatever.

[Image: Singapore-2.jpg]

Albert Einstein

ahhh singapore! I want to go...

Tried to post this yesterday but upload failed, did a bit of a clean up and perspective correction.

[Image: singapore-5.jpg]

Albert Einstein

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Feb 10, 2017, 17:01
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Oct 27, 2014, 08:46