Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wall decorations: paintings or photos?

I've been asked by the painter who painted my place - what am I going to furnish the walls of my new house with (especially the feature walls). He's a big fan of european and asian paintings, and keeps asking me to get some - however, being a photographer, I think I'm more inclined to hang some of my works or family portraits around the house...

What about you? What do you have / would like to have?

I have one painting in my house which I got from my grandma when she passed away. The rest are prints I have taken and I wouldn't have it any other way! Big Grin

Muzza

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." -Anonymous

My walls gave very few things on.... I do have 4 prints in the living room, all of Yosemite. 2 By Ansel Adams, and 2 by meself.

Seeing how I just finished painting most of the interior of my house my walls are still virtually uncovered. I have pictures on my living room walls that are copy paintings and a few bought prints but my plan is to put my images in the front fourier where visitors see them right away. My studio is a different story. Thats all pet photos that I have taken. There are other areas of the house I'll put mine but not all mine.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

My wife is plastered all over the walls in my house, except in my study. I have a cell print of Daffy and Tassie playing ice hockey Big Grin

Get a heap of old laptops and make your self some photo frames! if you want I can make the frames and get them working if you want? Or otherwise put photos I took up!

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"