• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some stuff...........innit?

Yas.

[Image: ST-e-T1.jpg]
This is not me!
[Image: ST-CRW_5105-copylight.jpg]

[Image: ST-PIPE-AND-SLIPPERS-MAG.jpg]

Cave canem

Err... nice... I think. Any correlation (hidden messages) or is it just a brain dump? Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:Err... nice... I think. Any correlation (hidden messages) or is it just a brain dump? Big Grin

Marvellous.

I post what I hope is a group of interesting pics........

An old bloke, a slit-lit pot plant and a faked magazine, and you write this?

I've seen worse get better responses.

:x

Cave canem

Ok, sorry - my bad. I think you should really put more text around your pics though, instead of just plopping some pics on and leaving it to interpretation. And that goes to everyone else as well. (If you read the description of this forum on the front page - it says "Please post a brief narrative as well, describing what the picture was trying to achive and how you went about doing so.")

I genuinely thought this was one of those "here are wierd photos I took recently, please laugh" posts, instead of "here is some of my latest artwork - please critique" posts.

Here's my critique of your pics:

#1 - interesting portrait... nice exposure and lighting, but IMHO the pic is not very flattering to the subject as the subject is caught in a funny pose.

#2 - I like the contrast between the green and the pink - they seem to compliment each other. The plant is very interesting to look at as well.

#3 - I find the text hard to read (especially the bottom bit). I don't get the meaning of the text. I'm not a mechanical whiz, so I don't recognise what the image is either.

Yes,
My bad too................

I had to go out at 6am, and was late! That's why I'm in a MOOD!!

No 1.
Image is a candid. Took about 5, and he looks least wierd on this one.

No 2. Small potted plants, (in one pot), lit by light stream from 45 degrees, spread at approx 25 degrees.

No 3. Attempt at faking a magazine. Text is largely irrelevant in this case, as impression of mag itself was the aim.
The picture is a Yamaha V-twin engine. Pipe and slippers is a reference to that type of engines HP rating, (on average), and "con" refers to the whole image.

Cave canem

Hey thanks for the explanations... now what I know what a slippery pipe means. Big Grin

The setup you've done with #2 sounds quite interesting! What do you use for lighting?

Well, you see, my main question, (never voiced) was: Does no. 3 look like a magazine? It's 100% PSCS. There is no photo other than the engine pasted in to the framework.
(Oh, it's pipe and slippers, btw).

Lighting. None. The orig is taken underexposed slightly, then darkened further, then light is painted in,

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Well, you see, my main question, (never voiced) was: Does no. 3 look like a magazine? It's 100% PSCS. There is no photo other than the engine pasted in to the framework.

Honestly... I don't think it does. Can't quite put my finger on it, but it looks just like an image with some text on top. Maybe it's because the top text doesn't align with the page... or maybe because the bottom text runs off the page. And there's no "thickness" to the magazine - you should be able to see the sides of the magazine down the bottom and maybe on the right. Big Grin

Rufus Wrote:(Oh, it's pipe and slippers, btw).

Oh pipey slippers. Cool. Big Grin

Ah, good! (Sort of................................. )

I'm glad you've been straight and shot it down. Now I can focus on getting the next one better! Big Grin

Cave canem

Hehe looking forward to it! Big Grin

You called that a pot plant? :/ The folks here in B.C. would laugh their arses off. Big Grin The photo of the old guy, I think I saw him yesterday while visiting my mother-in-law at the care home. No joke, really! Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

A potted plant.

Not a cannabis plant.

Like a potted history, but totally different. See? Big Grin

Cave canem

Please dont say ARSES. It isnt polite. No.

Cave canem

Well I think they are all prety good. #2 is my fav - only thing I don't really like is the blue drop shadow on the letters in #3. Not sure how to improve the shadow, but...

Thanks man!

I'll be trying a new one, probably next week.

Meanwhile, I've been mingling with the rich and famous. The photo's from the event may be a slight give away to my line of work........

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:Please dont say ARSES. It isnt polite. No.

Gee mr. grumpy pants. I changed it from saying asses. Wink

My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:

DONT SAY PANTS!!!! It's rude! :o

Cave canem

Rufus Wrote:
Petographer Wrote:

DONT SAY PANTS!!!! It's rude! :o

Ok Mr. Grumpy Trousers. Hmmm, doesn't have quite the same ring to it. Mr. Grumpy Pants it is. Big Grin

My flickr images

Bah. :o

Hurumph!! Tongue

You said PA*TS again!!!! :o

Cave canem

You two are really making my day. Big Grin It's Friday morning in the office, I'm waiting for the weekend and I've been bored. Thanks for this relevant and eloquent discussion! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Elephant??

What IS this about ELEPHANTS??

Cave canem

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Jun 30, 2016, 11:01