Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

delicate nature

Smile This image touched me with its warmth and delicacy; whilst simplistic ,it indicates; the soft warm protective nature of the reproductive cycle; in this case a white rose; its petals diffused; soft ,aided by the backlight of the picture creating a dreamlight softness; enveloping its stamens.

[Image: Scan000171.jpg]

Whilst technically probably not right; it touched me from the above viewpoint; i feel if a picture evokes an realization or recognition; it serves its function though..
As aLways any comments + or - are welcomed

I love the textures and colors of the flower, but thos black lines just draw me totally away from it, they have to go!

I agree with the black borders. They are not suitable. Also a crop removing the left side where the light square is on the upper corner. You would still have your rule of thirds in place and the image would look more even without that distraction.

I agree with what you said about the softness and tranquility. Nice photo. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Hi Taurus,
Your picture is really beautiful. I love the softness and the light. Those little stamens are so sweet, as if they were hiden. Really great image.

I agree with Bob and Petographer about the borders in your image. If you like to have borders in your image it is better to have borders in the four sides. Otherwise it is better to leave it alone...

I agree as well with Petographer about the composition of your picture. Sometimes when I have a picture that touches me a lot, I want to show everything. It is when I fail, because I don't remove things that distract and just show what I really love from my image. In your picture I remove the left part, but also a bit of the stamens in the bottom that were loose. I concentrate the crop in the important part in the picture and just mirror it to have my rule of thirds. I worked with levels a little to cheer up the light and colors in the center of the flower.

I hope you don't mind I worked on your picture.

Irma.

[Image: 69_Scan000171.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Hehe the non-conformist in me says that the black borders are a nice touch, although I'd probably prefer plain thin black borders on all sides.

I think your picture works - I like the subtle softness, but I wish the stamens or some part of your pic was in focus - as a sharp contrast to the rest.

Hello again;
thanks for all the pertinant comments; think the black borders appeared is downscaling to load up picture ; am not doing this right i think; however will learn.; great work Ima; can see the improve ment; all comments were really appreciated.
thanks again.
I haven't worked with layers so ; will have to learn; and get a program that does this; but nothing too complex ; i suppose[am not too clever]
frank

taurus10 Wrote:Hello again;
thanks for all the pertinant comments; think the black borders appeared is downscaling to load up picture ; am not doing this right i think; however will learn.; great work Ima; can see the improve ment; all comments were really appreciated.
thanks again.
I haven't worked with layers so ; will have to learn; and get a program that does this; but nothing too complex ; i suppose[am not too clever]
frank

p.p.ps.
Am really glad I found this site; enhances my life;.
Frank

darkening and even (gasp) adding line emphasis.

[Image: flowerinsidea.jpg]

[Image: flowerinsideb.jpg]

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Sorry Don, doesn't work for me, the attraction of the image is in the delicate whites and the natural lines of a flower.

Sorry Don, I think the same as Bob. It doesn't work for me either.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Rolf
Feb 7, 2015, 12:18
Last Post by shuttertalk
Nov 16, 2005, 17:52