Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Blended Souls

This is far from perfect technically; and was done a long time ago; combining two photographs through program thimbs pro; like the warmth of it; reflecting the state of their personal connection.
Hope i am not hogging this site with my silly photo's but am endeavoring to learn and share. regards
Frank[Image: Clip0001.jpg]

I like the idea. As you say it is a nice technique to state a relation between both persons. I think there is still room for improvements, but it is a bit difficult to say because the picture is a bit small. You can upload a picture with 600 pixels the widest side. So it is easier or us to see it.

taurus10 Wrote:Hope i am not hogging this site with my silly photo's but am endeavoring to learn and share.

Not at all silly photos Frank. This forum was created with the intention of learning and grow your photography. That is why most of my pictures are posted here. I also want to learn Smile

BTW, you got me into this technique, blending images, and I found a very interesting link with a lot of tutorials. I know you are using other program but perhamps it can give you some ideas to put into practice in your program.

Here is the homepage and index of the tutorials. The work shown there is very interesting, and the tutorials are very easy to follow. Maybe you would like to have a look at them Smile

Irma.

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Wow, that was interesting;
Took me a while to see the 2nd face! very interesting..

Thank you Ima; I have linked the site into my favourites and will have a good look at it asap; for your info i have 4 many years used thumbs plus; very simplistic yet versatile program once u learn how to use; will if ok post a few more different type of pictures; achieved thru this program; or can email some direct to you ; if you want so you can see the potential.
thanks 4 the comment anyhow
frank

Irma Wrote:I like the idea. As you say it is a nice technique to state a relation between both persons. I think there is still room for improvements, but it is a bit difficult to say because the picture is a bit small. You can upload a picture with 600 pixels the widest side. So it is easier or us to see it.

taurus10 Wrote:Hope i am not hogging this site with my silly photo's but am endeavoring to learn and share.

Not at all silly photos Frank. This forum was created with the intention of learning and grow your photography. That is why most of my pictures are posted here. I also want to learn Smile

BTW, you got me into this technique, blending images, and I found a very interesting link with a lot of tutorials. I know you are using other program but perhamps it can give you some ideas to put into practice in your program.

Here is the homepage and index of the tutorials. The work shown there is very interesting, and the tutorials are very easy to follow. Maybe you would like to have a look at them Smile

Irma.

adam Wrote:Wow, that was interesting;
Took me a while to see the 2nd face! very interesting..
thank you adam; appreciate the comment. regards
frank

frank:

Don't feel at all concerned about hogging the site. We all do it from time to time. I didn't post a photo for 2 months and now I have posted something like 7 in the last 2 days. We all learn from what we see others doing.

I think that I see what you are doing here. The idea is a good one, and I would be interested in seeing your experiments with this.

If I have a concern, it is that the figures do not seem connected in the way you are hoping for in this one because the images are not interacting other than sharing the same space. I would like to see one figure looking at the space the other one is occupying, or somehow physically synching in some way - for example to have the eyes in the same spot - or maybe have them facing towards each other rather than out.

I think this could be a very powerful technique. Post some more.

Thanks for your comment; I think you are right; sadly do not have the original images as this was done many years back; however you hit the nail on the head i think; so will seriously think about the spiritual aspect potential next time of gazing at each other; with a partial overlay concept ; although dont know [ have to explore] what is possible with] limited program ]i use; have played with adobe and photoshop but one has to be a proffesor to manage all the the attributes of those.
dont like the idea of eyes overlay but DO like the concept of gazing into inbetween space or at each other;with partial blend of pphoto's.
learned something here. thank you.
frank

Toad Wrote:frank:

Don't feel at all concerned about hogging the site. We all do it from time to time. I didn't post a photo for 2 months and now I have posted something like 7 in the last 2 days. We all learn from what we see others doing.

I think that I see what you are doing here. The idea is a good one, and I would be interested in seeing your experiments with this.

If I have a concern, it is that the figures do not seem connected in the way you are hoping for in this one because the images are not interacting other than sharing the same space. I would like to see one figure looking at the space the other one is occupying, or somehow physically synching in some way - for example to have the eyes in the same spot - or maybe have them facing towards each other rather than out.

I think this could be a very powerful technique. Post some more.