Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Coast on the way home

Following guerito's lead and breaking up the posts. Here is the rest of the Pics Smile

[Image: CBH_Grain_Loaders_web.jpg]
Grain Ship Loader

[Image: CBH_Grain_Terminal_web.jpg]
Grain Terminal

[Image: warship_web.jpg]
Some Australian Navy Warship Big Grin

Interesting shots 1 and2. Try and be aware of your horizons. Smile #3 is very nice. Needs cropping. crop out the obstructions from the bottom and leave the ship 1/3 the way down the frame. Crop off the left so that the ship is moving left to right into the frame. Hope you don't mind me saying so.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Can you elaborate on the horizons ? What should I look out for ?

Might try what you said on the ship Smile

[Image: warship_cropped_web.jpg]

Never imagined that I personally could get so much latitude with a DSLR, has lit my imagination. Nothing like using a point and shoot, no turning back now ...

Your horizons are sloping left to right, they should be horizontal with the picture border. This always stands out much more with water that is always flat. Not so noticable with hilly terrain. You need to rate teh image about 1 degree CCW.

Beautiful shots! The structure in the first picture makes a great subject with the sunset colors.

The crop works very well btw. Smile

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

W:

I really like #2 although it is not as immediately spectacular as the ocean shots. I suppose that is because I worked building automated grain shipping terminals like this for years.

Are the galleries in #1 at the same terminal as #2?
Is this a grain shipping terminal?

[edit[ D'oh!! - I see the answers to my questions in your captions now.

#1 and #2 are interesting shots... agree with the horizons. #2 maybe needs a bit of correcting to the exposure? The shadow areas are a bit dull.. Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 24, 2017, 18:39