Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Landscape

I am working with composition lately. Sometimes things turn just a bit square Wink

Spring in Germany

[Image: P1060373springgermany.jpg]

**Thanks again to Petographer for the link of Virtual Photographer. **

Three poles

[Image: P1060404threepolesmerged.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Gotta love the framing in #1 Absolutely superb.

#1 for me too. I absolutely love the dividing lines and areas of colour - blue, green and yellow. Well done Irma!

I don't know what it is about #1 but something bothers me. I really like #2 though.

The texture and little white flowers in #2 works for me.

These are great. Really mature photographs. Good work Irma.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Hi Irma,

#1: I think this shot has potential. I am a little put off by the patch of green (grass?) on the left. To me it seems to break up the distinction between the trees and the flowers Perhaps stepping forward a little could have eliminated this. The rest however is as pretty as a picture! heheh All the elements work together to create a very enjoyable shot.

#2: This is a good shot. For some reason I want to see a young girl in a floral dress sitting on the grass reading a book. Dont ask me why! THe shot has a very 'old world' feel to it.

Muzza

"The goal is not to change your subjects, but for the subject to change the photographer." -Anonymous

I have found very difficul to take good landscapes. The composition in this kind of pictures has been a problem, most of the times my pictures turn out boring. That is why I found interesting the picture #1. I want to try this again but with buildings and houses, to make it even more geometrical.

I like #2 as well. That was a pitty, indeed that I didn't have anything more around...

Thanks for your comments and advice Smile

Paul Cezanne

Hi Irma
I'll have to agree with Muzza about #1. The yellow stops abruptly on the left. Clone tool? Still very nice.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Wonderful Irma! Smile

Great little experiments, and #2 is stunning if you ask me Smile Love those little white flowers, they look like they are glowing.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Thanks for your comments Colin and Adrian. Smile

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Toad
Jul 29, 2011, 11:23