Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Ratty Friend

[Image: ratty.jpg] This is for all the cat photos! Yes I am a rat person, this is candy rat being camera shy, she is called Candy because she likes sweets, my other rat is Lilly, which I will show later, she is shy so it's harder to get a photo of her Big Grin

Imagine....

I'm not a rat person, but you have a beautiful rat Danielle Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

What a cutie! Although I'm a cat person myself, I think rats make for great pets, as long as you don't have cats. Big Grin They are quite intelligent, you can have more of a meaningful relation with them than you can with, for example, rabbits or hamsters.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Thats what I love about them, compared with most small animals they are very intelligent, they can do the same sort of things as small dogs like come when called, learn tricks, snuggle on your lap, play fetch, eat all your food scraps! Only prob is don't really sleep at night so they can get a little noisy when their playing together! Tongue

Imagine....

Cute shot. Looks like she's playing peekaboo. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Awwww I used to have a mouse named Sasha ... when I met my wife and she moved in with me I had to get rid of Sasha Sad

Poor Sasha!

Imagine....

I think somebody should give these lovely animals a different name. :Rat" has such horrible connotations.

--Don

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I was only saying that a few weeks ago!

Imagine....

But it is a rat! As cute as they are they have a long history to live down!

You are a slave to the truth Bob

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Yeah, but there are major genetic and behavioral differences between domestic bred rats and feral rats, the same as domestic and feral cats, that's the misconception!

Imagine....

Rats are a much better pet than say, hampsters. Hamsters can be vicious and moody. I'd have a rat but my dog would go nuts. She'd never leave it be.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

How cute! Is there much difference between mice and rats?

Not really, my cats think they are all delicious.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Hampsters are terrible pets, they live less than 2 years typically.

There kind of like Humans and Gorrillas, similar but different. Rats are a lot more intelligent than mice and they don't stink, which is a bonus. Mice are more of a cage animal, if you let them out, they run, rats are trainable so they just wander around and can come when called. One of the reasons why sciece experiments are done on Rats is because tahy have a similar emotional response as humans to things. For example if a rats friend dies, they get depressed. This happened to one of my previous rats, her friend died and for weeks she just sat there and wouldnt play anymore, she not long died after, even though she was in good health.

Anyway, I'll stop boring everyone with my rat trivia!

Imagine....

Why do you suppose rats are more intelligent/trainable than mice?

Maybe a larger brain to body ratio?

Could be? their smarter rabbits etc too. Could be some kind of evolution thing, their really inquisitive, like they want to know what's going on....

Imagine....

Daniellestar Wrote:There kind of like Humans and Gorrillas, similar but different. Rats are a lot more intelligent than mice and they don't stink, which is a bonus. Mice are more of a cage animal, if you let them out, they run, rats are trainable so they just wander around and can come when called. One of the reasons why sciece experiments are done on Rats is because tahy have a similar emotional response as humans to things. For example if a rats friend dies, they get depressed. This happened to one of my previous rats, her friend died and for weeks she just sat there and wouldnt play anymore, she not long died after, even though she was in good health.

Anyway, I'll stop boring everyone with my rat trivia!

Wow, that's so interesting! It's amazing that you can call them and they respond...

Mebbe I might consider a rat for my next pet (don't let my wife read this...) Big Grin Big Grin

:/ Hello. I am new here and would like to say hey. I would love a hamster but everyone around me is consist on changing my mind. I also think rats are lovely creatures and are initially associated with sewers, in the way they and there names have been portrayed.

I am not a domesticated animal person at all, as in I don't have any and dont really want any (too much responisibilty for me :-P) but that little rat is cute :-P

Gear:
3 x GoPro Cameras
1 x Canon S100
1 x Nikon D5100
1 x Sony DSC-TX10
Apple MacBook Pro 15" (Retina Display)

"What do you want to pack today?"

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EnglishBob
Oct 3, 2015, 08:39