Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Reflection and crow (3 images)

This is what I got from my outing yesterday.... and also a delicious tuna fish pizza Smile

This is a pleace where I have been more than two times and I hadn't got anything nice till yesterday....

[Image: P1110455tree.jpg]

I was lucky yesterday.... This is a little channel that crosses the city and I always have pictures from there... I got the good one yesterday...

[Image: P1110489redroof.jpg]

This little one was so busy and little by little I got closer. I talked with him and I asked him to give me time to have the right settings... Smile he understood.... I got a lot of pictures, a lot of them really nice.... But I like this one because he has so beautiful dreamy eyes Smile

[Image: P1110562crow.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Your reflection shots are incredible Irma. Wow! The crow looks very well fed too. Did you share your pizza with him? Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

No, I couldn't share my pizza. The restaurant was far from this place, and the pizza was after the photo session Smile

Thanks for your comment Smile

Paul Cezanne

You will have to visit Vancouver some day. There is nothing quite like B.C. fresh salmon. Big Grin

My flickr images

Oh, yes I have to visit your country, for the salmon, and also to have a photo excursion with all of you there. That would be great!! ....Pity G doesn't like fish.... the good thing is that we always can fine a juicy steak for him Smile

Paul Cezanne

That would be no problem as the Alberta beef is the worlds best. Start saving your pennies. I have a room right here for you guys. Big Grin I'd be honoured.

My flickr images

Thanks a lot! Really very kind of you! Yes, we will start our savings... Smile

I am off.... Mexico is playing versus Brazil.... I still believe..... Big Grin

Paul Cezanne

Hey thanks for sharing the lovely reflection, Irma! It's absolutely superb!

The crow is nice too! Big Grin

shuttertalk Wrote:Hey thanks for sharing the lovely reflection, Irma! It's absolutely superb!

The crow is nice too! Big Grin

The crow is my favourite actually - but it would be wouldn't it because I'm a bit of an old crow myself. Big Grin

Irma, I reckon you captured that crow very nicely. Nice pose, also plenty tone and detail showing feathers, eye, beak, legs. claws etc.

Polly

Thanks for your comments ST and Polly.

Actually the crow picture has a little story. I saw it a little far from the place we were and I said G, Hey look, and he is down there, we can take pictures... he said, No... it's too far... so I said, well I will go, G told me, they are very intelligent.... So am I... and I went creeping to get closer... we were in a public park so G disappeared as, I don't know her... Big Grin

Paul Cezanne

Irma Wrote:Thanks for your comments ST and Polly.

Actually the crow picture has a little story. I saw it a little far from the place we were and I said G, Hey look, and he is down there, we can take pictures... he said, No... it's too far... so I said, well I will go, G told me, they are very intelligent.... So am I... and I went creeping to get closer... we were in a public park so G disappeared as, I don't know her... Big Grin

As a mater of fact - we have one that's started to come down into the garden. It just started coming down over the past few days, usually stays high int he Oak tree. We think it's a fairly young one and also think it's coming down to get away from the over amorous male pestering it!

It likes to drink from a bowl we leave out, also likes to take Alpine and regular sized Strwberries and it was even walking casually along the path near the house yesterday. It sometimes perches on top of the greenhouse too - doesn't seem to mind us being out there at the same time as long as we don't make sudden moves.

The most fascinating thing is that the other birds and squirrels are not agitated about it being there - nor does the crow interfere with them! i haven't got any pictures yet - don't want to rush at it and scare it off.

I have been taking a few shots of European Jays though. We have a visiting pair and they're getting quite relaxed around the garden when we're outside.

Polly

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Nov 3, 2016, 10:22