Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Kununurra Trip - Landscapes

Hi all,

I'm back from a week's holiday up in Kununurra (remote north of Western Australia), and I have to say it was the best little holiday I've had in years I think.
I won't bore you with the details, suffice to say I managed to squeeze an awful lot into the week and shot close to 2000 photos!

Here are some panorama shots I put together using Autostitch (www.autostitch.net).

[Image: BrancosLookout1024x400.jpg]
Branco's Lookout - El Questro Station.

[Image: HiddenValleyPano1024.jpg]
Hidden Valley - Kununurra.

[Image: PanoOnWayToWyndham1024.jpg]
Between Kununurra and Wyndham.

The Branco's Lookout scene was simply breathtaking and that panorama image is comprised of 12 photos stitched together, forming a 50mega-pixel image! I think the sky needs a bit more work, but overall I'm quite proud of that image.

And here are some more landscapey shots:

[Image: IMG_1174_720.jpg]
Whirlpool at Kununurra Dam.

[Image: IMG_1182_700.jpg]
Morning Mist near Champagne Springs - El Questro Station.

[Image: IMG_1326_700.jpg]
Scooped out Cliff, Explosion Gorge - El Questro Station.

[Image: IMG_1330_720.jpg]
Single Tree on Cliff (Colour) - El Questro Station.

[Image: IMG_1332_700.jpg]
Single Tree on Cliff (Mono) - El Questro Station.

All feedback welcome. Thanks. Big Grin

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Great series, my pick is the morning mist one, always am a sucker for light rays.

Pretty amazing place - I am really taken by #1 in particular.

WOW these are stunning

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Great shots of some great scenery. Nice pano work.

Sounds like you had a blast!

I love the panos, #1 in particular, and also the morning mist.

So what did you get up to there? What qualifies it to be the "best holiday in years"? Big Grin

beautiful!

Thanks so much for all your kind words.
The small part of the Kimberley really is an amazing place. I tried my best to capture the colours of the landscape, but a regular computer screen can't really communicate the sense of scale you feel when standing there.

For me, the first image is most definately my favourite. It was a breathtaking sight to be there, and the photo represents about 160deg of view. I'm so happy the panorama worked out as well as it did, although I'm still not 100% happy with the sky. At over 13000x4000 pixels in size (over 50megapixels), I can get this shot printed BIG while still keeping in a lot of detail. Hopefully this will give it the sense of scale it deserves.

The last shot is probably my 2nd favourite. I'm not sure if b/w or colour works best for this scene, but the solitary tree and the cloud formation that seems to point towards the tree was really appealing to me when I took the shot (which was taken on a boat).

ST, I went up there to go to the wedding of a dear friend who now lives up there and married a local. Another old friend who I've hardly seen for years and I decided to stay on for a week, so we spent the week getting out and about and exploring.
Having a week to relax with some of my dearest old friends who I have hardly seen in the last 8 years, while surrounded by spectacular scenery, in perfect weather, with loads of wildlife... well, what more could I ask for?
It felt like we were in a different country (especially considering the climate change), and very hard to believe I hadn't even gone interstate.

I have some more photos to post, including some (rare) portraits... but I'll group and post them appropriately.

And it gets better... I'll very soon be heading off on another little trip to Tasmania where I will hopefully get some more spectacular and very different landscapes.
*sigh* If only I could live my life like this as a travel photographer.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Kombi I wondered where you were?? now I remember.........lucky #@$%^#$

Great shots..........this I one place I really want to visit! I agree with the others love the pano and morning mist.

El Questro is like the eldorado (spelling?) for wantabe barra fisho's like me!

Please tell me you caught a barra while you were there..........and I would love to see any snaps............... Big Grin

Fantastic series Adrian. You can sign me up for light rays as wells. Beautiful job.

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I sure don't get sick of these. Hope you have more that you are working on as all these from your trip has been great to browes. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

the panoramas are superb!

put it on my "to do" list... Big Grin

It's amazing what old junk can do.
The toys

All i can say is wow, nice group. Great captures

All the shots are amazing, especially the whirlpool one

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post