Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A 'people' snapshot

We've been away in the camper recently and these 3 amused me as they were walking along the prom waiting for the Ice cream, or maybe the chip kiosk to open. The one in the middle was blathering at the other two as they walked along and I imagine the fella, presumably her husband, had to do as he was told. Big Grin

there's one of those 'static caravan' holiday sites nearby and presumably that's where they were staying - because i heard her telling the fella offf and informing him

"It isn't a camp site. It's a Holiday Village!!" .. so there! never let it be said the lady spent her holiday on some cheap/common campsite (as we did in our campervan) Big Grin

[Image: icsihv.jpg]

Pol

Hahaha what a story

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

He looks the Epitome of the English Hen Pecked Husband. "Yes Dear"

EnglishBob Wrote:He looks the Epitome of the English Hen Pecked Husband. "Yes Dear"

That's exactly what struck me too when I saw them and heard her interminable yabbering Big Grin

I imagined maybe the other lady to be her sister.

Pol

Polly your picture looks out of a black and white movie.... The place looks fantastic Smile And maybe the sister is not married... she looks relaxed Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Very nice shot and story, Polly! Big Grin

The hubby is the spitting image of my friend Bob, who is an Englishman living here in Germany. He's from Staffordshire, I believe. Could you possibly have taken a picture of one of his brothers??? I will show this post to him when he pops in next time...

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

The B&W treatment really suits this....makes me think of folks at Butlins in the '60s.

Polly Wrote:I imagined maybe the other lady to be her sister.

I think you're right...they do look rather alike.

--NN

What a shot Pol. Big Grin Good thing you never got caught. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Petographer Wrote:What a shot Pol. Big Grin Good thing you never got caught. Big Grin

That's what I thought too Big Grin

I'd had 2 or 3 atempts to grab a shot as they were strolling back and forth past the kiosk, but the wall is very high and I was just getting the top of their heads - so I eventually got back up into the camper and grabbed a shot through an open window.

NN - it is indeed typical of a 'Butlins' scenario. We went to the Filey camp in 1951, one of the first ever camps. I still remember it fondly. Hi-de-Hi was hilarious too. I have the boxed set of videos . How sad is that, eh Big Grin

Guerito - The shot was taken in Devon (SW Coastline), a long way south of Staffordshire. If you do show the picci to your friend it might be better if you didn't tell him what was posted here .. or that woman might get cross with us :o :o

Pol

I used to love Butlin's when I was a kid, stayed many times at the Skegness camp. Which was the original one I believe.

EnglishBob Wrote:I used to love Butlin's when I was a kid, stayed many times at the Skegness camp. Which was the original one I believe.

It's your lucky day. I have a scan of a group photo of all the 'happy campers' taken August 1951 (at Filey). I'm one of those little kids in the front row. My sister is wearing the striped dress and I'm the fair-haired kid next to her, left of her as you view the picci - just behind bespectacled idiot redcoat on the ground.

I burst into tears soon after that shot 'cos I wanted my Mummy and Daddy Big Grin

[Image: 1951.jpg]

Pol

This is a beautiful picture Pol.... The quality of the picture is great!!

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I love these old shots like this - makes me think I should take more group shots of things I see in the modern world - I tend to think of people shots like this as fluff when they are contemporary - but I can also understand how they document times and places that disappear...

Thanks for sharing.

Great shot, and most of the red coats are frustrated actors... and I don't know about now, but they used to make virtually nothing.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post