Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

1st wedding pics :)

Hi,
Done my first wedding photo shoot, here are some of my pics Smile, Any comments / help welcome !!
[Image: IMG_2460au.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2351au.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2415au.jpg]
[Image: IMG_2409au.jpg]

MickSmile

Wow, great work, Mick!

I love the shots you've presented - very well captured, and the couple certainly look like they've had lots of fun. I think the poses and compositions are very imaginative too.

My personal preference would be to cut down on the amount of background blurring you've applied , especially in the 2nd one - it can start to look a bit over the top.

But awesome effort, mate! Congrats on getting your 1st wedding under your belt! Big Grin

Hi Mick!

These are great.

one thing though try to shoot wide open to get you background blurred, instead of doing it in post.

My favourite would be 3rd down.

Congrats u done well.

/P.L

Strives to make photos instead of taking them...

I would agree ,the bluring is a bit OTT on the 2nd shot !, ive got two lenses , one which is fairly wide 18-55mm and at this distance from the subject wide open it still has too much DOF to isolate the subject, my other lens is the 70-200 f2.8L which would create the effect in camera but i have only one SLR body and people seem to get bored if you have to stop the flow of the shoot to change lenses too often
[Image: IMG_2385au.jpg]
Big Grin

well done Mick, hope you enjoyed the experience you did a great job. My pick would be the 3rd also..............I really like the composition on the last shot with the flower girl at the bottom of the bride. I don't know if you were going for a soft look but I would like to see some of the shots a bit sharper. .............That comes from someone who would not give it a go.... Big Grin

cheers

Very nice pictures Mick Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Well composed images Mick. I tend to agree with Paul about the post process blurring. This particular process anyhow. In #2 the blurring seems too quick and dirty for a lack of better words. There are other ways to get better results in photoshop.

You already know and have commented on the lack of sharpness so I would comment much farther on that. One thing I would like to add though is don't be afraid to use and external flash for fill. In your last posted image the woman on the right is shadowed by the pole. You may also consider a reflector for those situations.

All in all, your shots are very good. Your subjects poses are very pleasing. Smile Good work Mick.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by shumicse
Jul 15, 2016, 03:25
Last Post by EdMak
Nov 10, 2013, 14:35