Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pseudo-900mm lens pics

A few more from our visit to Zig's....This one was taken with Sigma 70-300mm zoom at full zoom plus a 2x teleconverter - that's 900mm including the 1.5x crop factor of the *istD.

I had a real surprise when I first viewed this as you really couldn't see anything but a vague Church spire away in the distance with just human eyes.

[Image: IMGP5181.jpg]

This was also taken with that combination:

[Image: IMGP5186.jpg]

And finally Zig's pet squirrel! Not a 900mm pic...this chap was only about 20 feet away on the fence in Zig's back garden:

[Image: IMGP5095.jpg]

--NN

Well duck! Just looks like it's me and thee natttering at the moment: funny when it goes quiet, that sense of restrained watchfulness.... ripples in the pond indicate the water's not stagnant at least..
Honeymoon over guys.
I'm quite awed by the Sigma's power there: a low-contrast subject, with haze, one slow-ish aperture..but, my goodness NN, you must be pleased there: sharp, resolved and nice composition too, you little terrier you! Er, I mean..best part of 3 miles away an' all!
Hmm..that squirrel. Shot without the lead projectile, I see.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Great scenery shots NN. Turned out rather well with such a zoom.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

900mm sounds awesome! I love the 2nd shot and the squirrel of course. Cute little critter... Big Grin

Keep the countryside shots coming, I need to see more of "the old country" LOL.

I suspect we're in for a whole load more....................

Cave canem

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Vanisle John
Oct 15, 2016, 10:53
Last Post by caveman
Mar 1, 2016, 09:22
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Feb 17, 2016, 02:50