Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Vandusen Botanical Gardens #2

Here is another shot from the series at Vandusen Botanical Gardens. Wasn't sure where to go with this image. So I applied a not so infrared action. I've also tried various crops but didn't like any. I ended leaving it as is.

[Image: Vandusen-Botanical-Garden-4.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

hmmmm... the shot looks out of focus on my screen. I am not sure if a softener was applied. If so, its definitely not the shot for it. Also, I don't really get the IR look on my monitor. Once again, it may just be me.

I don't think there is enough light color for IR. This one screams color.

Sorry to sound critical. But "nice photo" just wasn't sounding right to me... lol

Where is the color version?

How is something like this? Added diffuse glow, some contrast 10, 200, 0 (twice) and a pinch of sharpening (85, 1,4)

[Image: 88_Vandusen-Botanical-Garden-4.jpg]

Nos an modica tantum nostri somnium
"We are limited only by our imagination"

I think your picture would go very well with a desaturated treatment instead of B&W, because of the contrast in the trees and the bushes in the foreground... I love the bench there, but a little more brighter... the bench makes the place idyllic... Smile I like it.... Do you think we could see the original? I would suggest a crop, leaving the bench at the upper right part of the picture...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I appreciate your input you two. Here is the original untouched except resizing for the web. I will try a different approach.

[Image: Vandusen-Botanical-Garden-6.jpg]

My flickr images

Also I am posting this image. Just a different point of view. I think this one might be better suited for doing any type of editing but I also think it might be just as well untouched. I am always so unsure how to approach this type of subject matter.

[Image: Vandusen-Botanical-Garden-7.jpg]

My flickr images

What do you think about a little gardening and cleaning? Smile

[Image: Vandusen-Botanical-Garden7.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

Again I have problems with the colors Sad sorry it was a bit brighter Sad This was the idea... to remove the trees and clean the reflection... also plant some grass in the naked parts and remove the road you had there... I found this really nice... because you can create your own landscape.... Now I feel like going to the forest and take pictures... I can chop down the trees that are in my way and make my own scenery... Of course... I know that you have your idea of the place... somehow you saw it already and probably you might feel it fake... it happens some times...

Paul Cezanne

Yes, that one's working better; Irma's warm-up has helped too.
D'you know, I'm imagining you walking around there Pet, and I'm thinking there are perhaps several shots there rather than just the one: the reflections; the seat and path; also a foreground shot too.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I like what you have done Irma. The clean-up improves the shot and the tones are not quite as green which I believe was needed.

Quote:Yes, that one's working better; Irma's warm-up has helped too.
D'you know, I'm imagining you walking around there Pet, and I'm thinking there are perhaps several shots there rather than just the one: the reflections; the seat and path; also a foreground shot too.

I did take many shots. Most times only a very few from many are good in my opinion. This time around however yielded quite a few that I liked. Keep an eye open cuz I'm posting more. Smile

My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post