Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

More esperimentation with portraits

I had fun doing the fashion show the other night but portrait photography is where I really enjoy taking pictures. As I'm just learning its great to have a place to upload my work so I can see whats wrong. Anyone have a go at these and please give me brutal truth. I'll start myself on the first one. Mid day sun played havoc and I had a hard time color balancing and getting even exposure. Also the pose was executed very awkwardly. It was my idea and it didn't work. The second one I don't see anything wrong. But that doesn't mean there isn't. Just measn I don't see it.

[Image: CarolFashion5.jpg]

[Image: CarolFashion6.jpg]

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

Having a bit of trouble with the web server. For some reason to see the pics if you refresh a few times they do show up. Going to have to investigate that.

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

Showed first time for me.

These look pretty good to me G Man. Your model looks nice and relaxed, even in the first shot which you thought was awkward. She does look like she's squinting a little in no1, was she facing into the sun?
Sorry, hopefully someone else will be more brutal. Tongue

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Schellamo Wrote:These look pretty good to me G Man. Your model looks nice and relaxed, even in the first shot which you thought was awkward. She does look like she's squinting a little in no1, was she facing into the sun?
Sorry, hopefully someone else will be more brutal. Tongue

Yes she was facing the sun. She wanted these pictures taken of her with her new outfit on, before we went out the othernight. Unfortunately it was during the mid day sun when lighting was very harsh. This shot was 1 of about 15 taken. It was the only one where the highlights weren't blown out on the face or shadows.

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

Looking great, guitarman, especially the first one. I think the setup, clothes and resulting photo is very flattering... Big Grin

Both are very nice portraits. The lighting on #1 and the great pose/expression make that one stand out for me.

Thanks for looking everyone. I thought #2 would have been the preferred photo, as I thought technically it was the better photo.

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

Great shots, you should do some more outside like in a park, leaning on a tree or in a area with roses.

Excelent model who looks stunning in front of the camera

Canon EOS 350D Digital Camera , 2gig Scandisk Ultra II CF Card, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens, EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 Lens, EF 28mm f2.8 Lens Wide Angle, Macro 58mm Lens kit (1+ 2+ 4+ 10+), Hoya 58mm PL-CIR Polariser, Optek PT3900 Pro Series Tripod

Kerridwyn's Photography Gallery

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Jeffbridge
Sep 3, 2015, 08:55
Last Post by alessya
Feb 12, 2013, 03:19