Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Hometown Sunsets

Down here west of Toronto I don't often get a lot of chances to photograph nice sunsets as the skies are usually washed out with smog. I think they may have been enhanced by my new circular polarizer but I couldn't really tell. I would turn that thing but I couldn't see a difference. I should have taken some shots with out it to compare.

[Image: Bridge1.jpg]

[Image: Sunset3-01.jpg]

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

A couple more

[Image: Sunset1-01.jpg]

[Image: 19_sunset4-01.jpg]

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

Colours came out great G-man. Very nice.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Very nice - particularly #1 - really nice exposure latitude. Can you tell us a bit about your post-processing technique. It looks really good on these shots.

Great shots.

Nice shots. I like No 3 best. No 1 makes my eyes go funny when I look at the water. No 4 is too big for me to get a proper sense of it.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Woh. What the heck happenned to #4. I don't know why its so big. I'll have to fix that.

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

It's ok. I fixed it for you. A little smaller would still be nice though. Scrolling side to side is a bit of a pain.

My flickr images

Thanks for the fix. I don't know why it wouldn't fix. I resixed it and deleted it right from my web server and it still wouldn't go small even after deleting it from this post and readding it.

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

You really don't need to host the images you post. You can resize the images and just upload them here.

My flickr images

True he could... but hosting your own images also takes some of the strain from Julian's bandwidth. That;s why if I have an image on my server I post I link it in, rather than uploading here.

EnglishBob Wrote:True he could... but hosting your own images also takes some of the strain from Julian's bandwidth. That;s why if I have an image on my server I post I link it in, rather than uploading here.

True enough.

My flickr images

Bandwidth is doing ok so far...

I don't mind people hosting photos on their servers, but you get the odd time where the servers or photos disappear / have problems, and we're left with the little red X's. If they're uploaded to our server, then at least you know that if you're viewing the forums, chances are, you'll be able to view the photos too. Big Grin

Do you find you have to be fairly judicious using polariser in shots with water? I ask this, as I've often got the sky OK only to find I've "blackened out" all the interesting stuff in the water. Did you hold back the sky at all with a grad btw?

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Zig Wrote:Do you find you have to be fairly judicious using polariser in shots with water? I ask this, as I've often got the sky OK only to find I've "blackened out" all the interesting stuff in the water. Did you hold back the sky at all with a grad btw?

I did use the polarizer in these shots. As I was rotating it I couldn't really see a difference.
As for ND grads, I am looking in to this as there is a water falls landscape I've been trying to get but I always end up blowing it from the top where the sun comes in.

Canon 20D
24-70L 2.8
580EX

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Irma
Feb 5, 2007, 14:14
Last Post by Peted
Nov 22, 2005, 12:56