Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Some recent shots

Been very busy lately with uni and all, haven't had time to read or post, but good to be back and giving the forum a quick read so I'm back up to speed again.

Well last week was a week off from uni and I went to a couple of places, the botanic park and the royal show was in town as well.

Here's a couple of quick shots I prepared, will post the rest when I get around to sorting out the pictures.

I'm surprised this one came out pretty decent, was worried about blurring as it was hand held and the lack of light meant a high ISO (left the hood on on purpose too!)
[Image: wheel.jpg]

Not sure what these flowers are called, I just liked how they stood out
[Image: flower.jpg]

[Image: flower2.jpg]

Daisies?
[Image: daisy.jpg]

I want one!
[Image: ducklings.jpg]

Not much to work with, tried to get the pram wheel and distractions out of the background, resulted in a pretty tight crop
[Image: ducklings2.jpg]

All great shots. I really like the perspective of #1.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Yes! Those are daisies and your picture looks great!! Smile I like the crop you did in the last one... They look so sweet Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I quite like the vignetting on #1.

The daisies are the star of the bunch to me.

Thanks guys, the ducklings were constantly on the move with their mother as they were being followed around by a bunch of kids, which I told off later after they got me angry when one of them tried to pick up the ducklings. Poor little things were probably frightened.

I don't wanna sound stupid... but what's vignetting? Rolleyes

The darkening in the corners of your first shot.

The daisies are great. I'm amazed you managed to get any blue sky at the Royal Show this year.

StudioJ Wrote:The daisies are great. I'm amazed you managed to get any blue sky at the Royal Show this year.

Yea it was miserable weather all week, was raining on that day too, but we went and hoped for the best... turned out to be great weather all through to the night!

You've got a good eye!
Did you have a polariser on the front end?

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16