Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Canon 5D Shots

Hi Everyone,

Here are some pictures from the wedding I shot with the 5D.

Sorry for the error - the first shot was actually taken on the 20D with an 85 1.8.

[Image: IMG_4412.jpg]

and a 100% crop (slightly downsized for the upload limit here)

[Image: IMG_4743%20crop.jpg]

and 1 more

[Image: S%20%26%20S%20Tree%20resize.jpg]

Thanks for looking Smile

Canon stuff.

nice, cool, super!
What lenses did you use for those shots? (so I can see & compare the field of view of a non-cropped sensor Tongue)

Apart from the full frame, do you use the new features? the "picture style"? or is that similar to that of the different shooting modes on the other cameras?

Nicely done mate! thanks for sharing!

Beautiful!
They look like an adorable couple, you did a great job

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Hi Adam,

All were shot with a Canon 24-70 2.8 L. Although the only shot where I have included the whole frame is the last one.

The first shot is slightly cropped and the middle shot was from a full length portrait style shot, where they were quite some way from the camera - gives you an idea how much resolution there is to allow cropping. I can basically take a 6x4 crop from anywhere in the frame and it will look great.

The camera comes set to Standard style (the wedding was shot in this mode) - but I chaged it back to Neutral style in the supplied RAW converter as the dynamic range is not as good. This is important to avoid blowing out the whites in the wedding dress.

I also tried using the Landscape style for some flower macros - it looks nice (very vivid and emphasizes the greens). Of course shooting RAW this can all be done in post very easily as the camera settings are right there in the Canon RAW converter.

Canon stuff.

Hi

still amaze with the clarity and cleanliness of the pix from a digital. great colours too.

thanks for sharing

christian

Very nice work. The first one is my fav!

Great; very squeaky clean!
Have you had chance to put it thru paces in low light; etc; AF OK? Noise-free at high ISO?(I'm sure you've been enjoying it too much to do so tbh!)

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I like the first. Very crisp and the colours is great. Thanks for sharing. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

hi

Is there any place that i can see or compare the canon 5d and canon eos 1ds? It will ve interesting to see the quality of the images compares? Also the noise? uuhmmm same sensor? same noise?

Regards

Christian

Christian,

You really need to look at full size pictures - but www.dpreview.com has reviews and sample images from both these cameras.

Zig,

I have shot plenty of low light stuff at the wedding as well - performs fine (AF even in a very dimly lit dance with no problem). ISO 3200 is about the same as ISO 1600 on the 20D. Shots one and three are at ISO 800 and shot two is at ISO 620 (that is a 100% crop - no where near the full frame (you can see it is very clean).

Cheers,

Chris

Canon stuff.

Ahgotcha; ta Chris. (please ignore my unhelpful comment on your other post; bad morning I'm afraid!)

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

No worries Zig - my fault as I was a bit confusing in how I expressed myself Smile

Canon stuff.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Apr 27, 2017, 04:16
Last Post by Vanisle John
Aug 17, 2016, 17:19