Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not an InfraRed

Forgive my temporary absence btw.
As some of you know, I was labouring away in PS 5LE until a kind soul helped me upgrade tp 6.
Took this today, 50mm at f16; left it as RAW in Raw Shooter Essentials then as 16 bit Tiff, then dodged and burned(what fun to have brushes of different sizes!) in the resultant JPEG.
Aimed for a faux IR look: added diffusion as another layer with about 40 pc transparency before flattening. Hope U like(Irma, you there!?)
[Image: sels_churchRSE%20copy.jpg]

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

I love this one, Zig Smile I like your conversion a lot!! The colors are very special...

Was it sunny? Did you use your pol filter? the sky looks great!!

I like very much the composition and so many details... those lines in the snow? work very nicely to go up and down in your picture... What a beautiful place!! Those two little windows are lovely...

Is it snowing already in your place?

They say it will be snowing here this weekend ... I am a little affraid because I have never driven in the snow... but I will do it, however... I won't stay home missing the possibility of taking nice snowed landscape pictures... Wink

Nice to seeing you back, Zig.... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Bless ya Irma, thank you.
Yes, I used a polariser to bring out the sky; aha! that's no snow, that is grass: Big Grin it was well-lit by the sun; I was able to use the "dodge" tool to lighten it , as with "real" infra-red, green vegetation is very reflective and appears almost white in monochrome.
Have a good time in the snow...perhaps set exposure compensation to +1.5 so as to keep the whites white(though you may know this already) Smile

(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Kinda cool. It does look like snow with ski trails. Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Zig Wrote:it was well-lit by the sun; I was able to use the "dodge" tool to lighten it , as with "real" infra-red, green vegetation is very reflective and appears almost white in monochrome.

That faux-IR look was just dodging? Very nice. I thought maybe some fancy filter work and colour inversions were being used.

I like the buildings; almost painfully bright to look at but not blown out. Excellent control.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I like the goreground in this particulalrly - rather solarized.

....err foreground - still thinking about Rufus' graveyard photo I suppose.

Thank you chaps!
Toad, I assure you mate, if you met the good folks of Gloucestershire you would generally be right with the first spelling!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by zeke
Mar 19, 2016, 08:53
Last Post by zeke
Aug 19, 2015, 08:53