Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A lake

The other day I went to visit some friends... In my way I saw this place... The place looked beautiful it was late in the afternoon, cloudy and windy... To me it looked dreamy anyway...
So the following weekend I went to take my pictures early in the morning... knowing it was wrong because I would have the sun in front of me.. I didn't care much about this because the sky was cloudy so I thought I could work with the sky and clouds as well... and I wanted to give it a try anyway....

This is what I got... Hope you like them... Smile

Morning light
[Image: DSC_2617-01boattree.jpg]

Playing illusions
[Image: DSC_2584-02illusions.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I really liked what you did with the light. Lovely.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

The first pic is magical for me... the golden glow on the boat and the colour on the right hand side is beautiful! So too is the reflection in the water.

Great shot Irma, wonderful color.

Very nice photos Irma. The first one is just brilliant on the right. I'm just wondering about a crop similar to this.

[Image: 50_DSC_2617-01boattree.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Its so beautiful, Irma!!
You've given me a craving for photographing landscapes

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

These are superb, Irma. Your growth as a photographer over the last year is wonderful to watch.

Thanks a lot for your comments... They are always so encouraging and motivational... Smile

Colin, I understand your idea about the crop, it crossed my mind as well... That corner really stands out from the rest of the landscape... I didn't follow the idea of the crop, because I thought the picture would lose environment... Probably if the tree were complete or covering a bigger area... I would have dared to work the crop... the trees in the background look very different from the rest of the picture... it was a bit misty, and also I worked with exposure in this one because the picture was very dark, so at the end I got funny colors and noise in that part of the picture... Sad

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Feb 13, 2015, 05:42
Last Post by vlad
Apr 19, 2013, 12:11