Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Insects - Please Critique

All taken in South Australia, during Xmas break with Pentax Sigma 28-80 Lens with Macro Function...

Any advice will be appreciated regarding taking of shots or post processing. All have been adjusted in photoshop (levels, saturation, sharpness, highlights and shadows).

[Image: fly.jpg]

[Image: wasp.jpg]

[Image: cricket.jpg]

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Hi Smarti,

Excellent shots good detail with #2 being my pick.

I think #1could go a tighter crop.

#2 the light on the left I find a bit distracting you could perhaps crop most of it out.

just my thoughts

cheers

I really like these. Number 1 is my pick. The composition of Number 1 is very strong. I would crop out all the unfocussed areas on number 2--much tighter crop. Number 3 is very interesting.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Yeeeuuuuugh!!!!

I can see these are good shots........ But I cant really look at them...

Yeeeooooowwwwww!
:o

Cave canem

I like no 1 the most. I would like to see a macro shot of his head only. Tongue This would be awsome!

It always scares me how hairy bugs are!

I like #2 the best - and I like the light on the left in the shot as well.

Thank you everyone for your comments.

I did try to remove / darken the light part of the second shot but I couldn't get a result I was happy with.

The lens is an old lens that isnt really that great at macro. I am looking into buying a better macro lens v's a converter....Im just a novice with a limited budget but really enjoy the whole process. Time to start hunting for some second hand stuff I think...

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

adam Wrote:It always scares me how hairy bugs are!

Yeah, and all the stuff sticking onto those hairs that you don't normally see! Yeurgh!

Beautiful shots though, they're awesome!

All very cool shots. But entirely disgusting.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Excellt shots. The first looks right out of A Bugs Life. Great yuck factor. I say that cuz I hate bug macros. :o

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by maisie
Aug 19, 2017, 03:37