Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Our church

I like this picture because of the light and colors... it is a bit simple... but somehow I like it this way... I would like very much to know what you think about it...

Thanks a lot for your comments Smile

[Image: DSC_3868-01church.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I really like the idea here Irma, but I think maybe there's just too much fog obscuring the church. I'd have preferred it to be little less hidden....It makes me keep peering to try and see it better! Of course it could just be my eyes! But, that said, I do like the softness and subtlety of it.

Jan

I disagree!!! I think it's just right. Tongue

Cave canem

It would have been awsome if there had been a small abondened house in front. Big Grin
But I think that fog is an excellent shooting object and You have done a faboulous work here. Smile I really like the fact, that the tower of the church is like peeking out from the fog to take a look at the photographer.
You'd maybe convert it to B/W and add more contrast. I wonder if it does any good. Rolleyes Smile

hi irma

i really like it as it is...nice

regards

christian

Thank you all very much for your comments... Smile

NN I don't think it is your eyes... at home we thought the same as you and Rufus... G was thinking as you and I was thinking as Rufus...

Xeox you would be surprise if you could see the "m e s s" there is in the foreground of this picture... It is a farm... and they have all the rusty and broken things there... That is why I thought it would be fine to have the fog and hide all those things... Smile I tried with sepia and B&W as well... but it didn't work well... so I worked a bit more... and I have another version...

Thanks Christian for your comment Smile

[Image: DSC_3868-02church.jpg]

Paul Cezanne

I think this version looks interesting. Smile Like taken during the sunset or sunrise. And the grass is much more the right color.

Thanks Xeox for your comment...... I think it is not a beauty, but well now it is a bit better Smile

Thanks again all for your comments Smile

Paul Cezanne

I have to say that this one leaves me somewhat cold. I understand what you are trying to do here, but I don't feel that the grassy area adds much to the photo - other than a bit of contrast by being less foggy. Because it is more distinct, my eye is drawn there - but doesn't find much content.

Not sure what can be done about content in the foreground, but you can make the ground less the primary focal point by croppping and recomposing.

One possible crop:

[Image: test.jpg]

Experimentation is the mother of art - and we need to keep trying things out. Sorry to be negative. Looking forward to seeing your next work.

Toad, I am very sorry. I didn't see your comment before...

Thanks a lot... I will keep trying Wink

Paul Cezanne

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by WesMal
Oct 13, 2018, 22:33
Last Post by MrB
May 4, 2016, 18:35
Last Post by snaphappy
Mar 22, 2016, 07:11