Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

DJ format

Taken new years day at a local event. Flash turned off and adjusted shutter speed to capture the light, but stil keep the image sharp.

Thanks for looking

Details:
F-stop: f/2.8
Shutter speed: 1/15 sec

[Image: dj_format.jpg]

I really like what's in this photo. Technically, I'd call it flawless. I do wish, though, that I could see more. I'd like some room above him - not much, just a little - but I'd really like to see more of what he's doing.

But, I'm generally a fan of a tight crop, so let me think about it a bit...

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

hi jbman

nice colours...but i totally agree with mathew....what is he doing? who is he? what is the thing on his neck? uuhmmm must be a dj?

regards

christian

I really like this...
Christian, he's a DJ, the thing on his neck is a set of headphones!

He was probably too high up, but I would have loved to be able to see his hands and the turn-table. But I love the lighting and the feel of this photo.

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thanks for your comments guys. Good points raised. I didn't even think to explain what he was doing. Since I was there I forgot to share it with everyone else. I guess this brings up a good point, I have missed something in this shot since there is a question as to what it is about.

Thanks again, will post some more photos soon Smile

Just to elaborate a bit on my earlier comments: I was able to figure out the content without too much difficulty. I also think that to change the angle would change the nature of the photo, and while that might also be a good photo, it wouldn't be this photo.

All I'd like to see is a little more included at the bottom to frame the action. I know it's probably a folding table or countertop, and certainly nothing interesting. I'd just like a bit of an anchor to counteract the action and oblique lines of the image.

I'm looking forward to seeing more.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Taken last weekend. Not one of my best, but thought I would share it. Rushed this shot since I had the dj's manager in my ear saying I had to be quick.

[Image: carl_cox06_009.JPG]

DJ is Carl Cox

Thanks for looking

What an awesome shot! I love the atmosphere and lighting, and above all else, I like the expression on his face. He seems very devoted to his craft...

Pity about the slight blur, but I'm sure it's fixable (with a bit of work)... Big Grin

Thanks for the praise. He moves very fast on the decks so it can be hard to get a sharp shot without any blur.

hi

are you working by any chance for ITM? for free?

nice shot, if i have to choose beetween the twos...i will go for the first one. it gives more uuhm a sense or curiosity to it.

it is very dificult to shoot this kind of shots, as they give you very limited time to shoot. maybe next time you should shoot with a wide angle and get some view of the timetable(soundtable) and him. ooh do ot forget ur ear plugs!!!hehehehe

take care

christian

cheers mate, shot for ITM about 4 years ago now, now i shoot for myself.

Love the first shot, very nice. Don't know how I missed this first time around... been too busy I guess.