Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Not sure about this (more shots of TJ)

Not sure if I love or hate this first shot. I would be interested to get your opinions.
I was trying to do the 'focus' assignment, but didn't come up with anything original...

[Image: IMG_2536BW.jpg]

And just cos they're cute...

[Image: IMG_2555edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2571edit.jpg]

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I think the first shot is a great one. It may not be what you set out the achieve but its got something about it that makes me curious about how the child in the image is feeling...lonely, sad? Its got good composition and contrast. The black and white works well.
Its certainly a keeper. You'll look back at it later and appreciate the moment.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

#1 You capture an emotional moment of Taliver perfectly. This picture is great because you are expressing a mood, feelings without much of facial expression. The body language is very powerful... I like it... you did it great!

This picture remeinds me one I saw in The Nikon awards thread by Christian... This picture caught my attention for same reason... the body language of the model says a lot... and I think this is very difficult...

About your conversion, it is great... I really like it... just to try another option I would love to see it in sepia... Perhaps it is a personal feeling but to me sepia is more moody... The thingy in his cheek is bothering a bit... but I really don't know if you could clone it out... and try to work a bit with the brightness in his back, getting detail in the t-shirt... I like the crop as well...

Beautiful picture Schell...

The other ones as you said ... they are lovely Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Schellamo, once again capturing a moment .... the first shot ...WOW, the mood conveyed could be interpreted in so many ways.

So well done, if you're not totally happy with it i'll make up the difference OK?

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

The first shot leaves me wanting to see what he is looking at or at least an expression on his face. The conversion is great and the crop/compisistion is also right on. The other two are classic TJ.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I think he was just thinking about what he was going to do next, but I do feel as though the first photo needs a bit more to tell the story.
Irma, unfortunately his shirt has lost the detail, I've tried to photoshop it back in, but this was my result Big Grin
I will try sepia as well which might be nice. I had a look at the picture in the nikon comp. It is interesting how powerful and emotional it was, without showing the expression on the models face.
The reason I love it is much more sentimental- I just love his soft little neck with the cute curls Smile and wanted something to remind me of it when he grows up (especially because its happening so quickly!)

Thank you all for your lovely comments Smile

Here is my second go, I put a little bit of colour back in as well as the sepia tint and got a little bit more detail in the shirt, though still not on the shoulder I think

[Image: IMG_2536Sepia.jpg]

^^^^^^^ even better still....................Tongue Great PP there, it's improved sooooooo much (not that the first was shoddy)....

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

I looove the first shot! His pose it exceptional.
Clearly, you just expected something different or how could you not love this shot.
2 and 3 are great too!

uli

Your post processing looks great! It looks like an old picture... very nice Smile I like your second go...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Thanks guys Cool

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post