Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

The muso

I was trying to do a portrait which was a bit more revealing (not THAT sort of revealing, boys!). So I took some shots of my little sister, Sarah who is 17 and plays the cornet. I used the cornet as a prop, but funnily enough, my favorite shots didn't include it.
Thank you for looking : )
[Image: IMG_2598edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2642edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2649edit.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2636edit.jpg]

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

I likes the last shot alot schellamo, the most "natural" of the bunchCool

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Great series Schell. I like the last also. Good job indeed.Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

no 3 is my favorite.
I think I would trim no's 2 and 4 a little bit, just to get rid of that bit on the left.
your sister looks very nice! And like a patient subject Smile

#1 I like it... I would crop a bit to the left not to see the edge of the trouser, where the arm starts and a bit of the top...and clone out the lines in the bg
#2 This one I like a lot!!! I like the composition and her pose and expression... It could have been best if you had her hand complete...
#3 Very nice light! The background looks really nice... The picture looks to me a bit tilted... perhaps if you rotated a bit...
#4 is great! You have the hand complete, very nice pose and expression... Smile

Great pictures Schell... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Great portraits, Schell! I truly enjoyed #1 and #3 - I think they have a lot of character.

I think #1 has a great angle, and if you did a bit of cropping on the left as Irma suggested, and also cloned out the powerlines in the sky, it would make a great album cover! Big Grin

#3 is particularly good as well - I think a suitable caption would be... "up close and personal" Big Grin Sorry, bit cheesy. Big Grin

hi Schell,

I like your series, #3 would be my pick. The angle on #1 is great and sits well with the shot. I agree with the other comments (power lines etc). I think #4 has a great candid quality about it but its a bit too dark IMO, the mood of the shot does not match the model, it needs a bit more life..........dunno if you can follow that :/ anyway thats just me.....Rolleyes

I would like to see more like #3 the colour exposure is great!

well done!

hi again Schell,

I hope you don't mind I have done an edit on one of your pics.............(sorry! if you do)

#4 I thought I would show you what I was on about

[Image: schellspic.jpg]

cheers Russ :/

PS I know this is not fix me up so I am happy to delete..

Thanks for all your comments, they have helped me so much to improve my photography, and I really appreciate everyone taking the time to look at my photos Smile

Uli, yes, she was very patient with me- even volunteered for once, rather than having to be begged or bribed Big Grin
I will try to crop the pole out of those shots.
Irma, I will see if I can paste on a full hand from one of the other shots. It might not look right, but I can have a go :/

Jules, I'll make her use it when she does her first solo CD! Big Grin Big Grin

Thanks for tweaking the last shot for me Russt, I can see what you mean now- her skin tones were rather greyish and not really matching her pose and expression. I like the warmer, brighter tones of your processing. Smile

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au