Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

I've been very busy this week...

Hey ppls,

I've been absolutely flat out since last sunday, shooting on average over a thousand shots a day. This pattern will continue until this sunday evening. I have a sore shutter finger! Tongue
I have heaps of photos to share, but no time at the moment to share them or contribute to other people's posts. Just 5 spare minutes at the moment to write this post, apologise for ignoring you all, and to warn you to expect a flood of pics from me next week! Wink

I'm not going to tell you what it is I've been shooting, Tongue but here is a not-so-subtle hint:

[Image: IMG_7063.jpg]

If you want to find out more, you can visit the official website for the event here.

If you live in Perth, you might also want to come along tonight, Saturday or Sunday to have a look. Bring a camera, but be aware that you'll need to be shooting @ f/2.8 or faster to really freeze the action (f/2.8 will give you shutter speeds around 1/1000th sec at 1600 ISO). You might get away with f/4 during the day but results probably won't be reliable as not much outside light comes in.
The shot above was 1/1500th sec, f/2.0, 800 ISO - it was taken indoors, at night.

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

I knew I should have stayed in Perth longer. Sounds like you are having fun mate. Cool

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

If that's a representative shot, then I'm guessing we're in for a treat.
May I suggest you change your name to Kombigenius? Seems appropriate............................Smile

Cave canem

Very nice picture Adrian.

Look forward to seeing more Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Water polo! Cool! Tongue

Genius indeed.... awesome shot Kombi. Jealousy rising again...Sad....

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Can't wait to see what the rest of your work! Have fun Big Grin

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Thousand shots a day!!! Since last Sunday until this Sunday. (Don't forget Chinese New Year Celebrations! hehe)
I thought that first pic was you Smile

Shooting so many pictures, would you RAW or JPEG? Would seem heaps to process if it was RAW.

Great to see you here again.
Have fun! Don't injure your shooting finger!

Great photo. Sports Illustrated contains no better.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Beautiful shot!!! I'm full of awe.

I am surprised at how "clean" it is at ISO 800, because I've been getting some terriblynoisy pictures lately even at ISO 400. I used longer exposure too, though, so maybe I should try shorter exp. at higher ISO instead.

Can't wait to see more!

uli

Impressive shot Adrian. If this is a sample of what to look forward to them I can't wait.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks for the kind words folks. <blush> Big Grin

Again, sorry for the sporadic posts. Unfortunately on top of this shooting I've still had to keep up with my regular job, and tie up some loose ends before I start some well-needed holidays at the end of this week.

Adam... I shot entirely in RAW all week. I ended up taking over 7500 shots in 8 days, taking up around 60Gb of hard drive space. I was averaging 1gb per quarter (a quarter is 8 minutes of playing time).
When I haven't been shooting or working, I've spent every waking minute processing! I'm not sure if it was worth shooting in RAW or not, given the processing hassles, but for those few stand-out shots, I'm really glad I have them in RAW.

Uli, I tend to clean my shots up a bit in photoshop using the Noise Ninja plugin and when resampling them down to this kind of resolution its fairly easy to get shots looking nice and clean, even when shot at 1600 iso.
I don't think what you suggest will help reduce noise at all - I suspect your 400 iso shots probably had a bit less noise than my 800 iso shots when they first came out of the camera. Also, if you "expose to the right" (overexpose a bit but don't blow out the highlights) then it will minimise noise. I'm sure there's a thread here on shuttertalk about that topic somewhere... :/

Ok.. so now I'm off to post some of my favourite pics from the week. But I'll do a couple of threads, each with a different theme and a few pics in each.

Cheers
Adrian

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Browser Mike
Sep 11, 2015, 04:34