Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

A trip to abandoned military building

Well, Sunday me and my mate Ander decided to take a trip to abandoned military buildings in the suburb. 90 minutes, 77 shots, 3 buildings and kilometers of walking - these would the the entries for this trip.
Here are some of the best ones:

[Image: ander.jpg]

[Image: syrr2.jpg]

[Image: stairway.jpg]

[Image: uksed.jpg]

[Image: fotograaf2.jpg]

[Image: aken.jpg]

[Image: wack.jpg]

[Image: syrr.jpg]

[Image: 1f7d7503280.jpg]
And that's me then Smile

Great shots, seems like a facinating location. Is it easy to walk around or is it 'off limits'?

I like # 1, 3 and 6 in particular.

Canon 50D.
Redbubble

Wow, very nice. As I was looking through, I was trying to pick a favourite and kept adding numbers to the list. I will say that my favourite 'people' photo is #1; the others don't convey the sense of place that makes the rest of them special.

I've shot inside abandoned buildings before, and always found it difficult to isolate distinct and significant subjects within them. You've done a great job.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Good thematic series - well done.

Interesting Series, I like the composition and tones of the stairs the best.

Great series, Xeox. I find them very dark and emotive. Very similar to Kombi's thread on urban exploration... do tell the story behind the trip!

My favourite is the stairs - love the peeling paint and the mono treatment.

The upturned table amidst the leaves also appeals to me, as there is a lot of meaning in there. Almost like progress and civilised life is overturned, and nature is taking over... something like that.

Awesome!

I think #2 is my favorite, has an artistic touch and I like abstracts.
The location seems appealing, nice work!

uli

No. 1 is superb!! I love it, very moody, though I feel a little could be cropped off the top (down to where the ceiling meets the wall)
Great composition on no. 2, I really like it!
i love the lines and textures in 3 & 4 and the colours are just beautiful in no 8

Thanks for sharing these, they are great!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Outstanding stuff XeoX..................... seems like a very interesting trip to make!!!!!!

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Thanks, mates, for good words.

I did a lot of thinking about the #1, but I just couldn't come up with any cropping or post porocessing. Basically it is the original one. Now that I think, it seems to me that it would be really better if I cropped it from the top.

I hope to take another trip with my friend soon to more exciting places. Though, there aren't many such places in my hometown.

Very interesting series. These type of images fit into a category of their own. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

oooo.. lovely photos here Xeox!

Shots #1 through to #4 are all my favourites, in no particular order.
#1 has a fantastic mood about it with just the right amount of light on the subject and to hint at some of the contents of the room. And the other three show excellent use of repetition and patterns. There is a lovely relationship between the order created by the patterns in the architecture and the chaos of the peeling paint, broken glass, and chipped plaster eating away at it all. Excellent!

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Number one does it for me, though they are all dripping with mood and....er, eastern europeanness! Yeah, I know they would be....but you've really maximised this by your treatment.
Nice stuff.

All my stuff is here: www.doverow.com
(Just click on the TOP RIGHT buttons to take you to my Image Galleries or Music Rooms!)
My band TRASHVILLE, in which I'm lead guitarist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6mU6qaNx08

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by johnytrout
Jan 9, 2015, 03:35