Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Sepia picture with story...

More or less two years ago, G and I thought about taking a course the Cambridge University gives to become English teachers for adults… To take the course you need, at least, the FCE (First Certificate of English) and to attend an interview with teachers of the University to see whether you are a good candidate to study that course or not… G doesn’t have the problem because he has already the Proficiency so… He is already on the other side of the road…

It’s supposed that last December I would take my FCE and I didn’t… I dedicated too much time to my pictures (which I don’t regret at all) and some months to my drivers licence…

I can’t let it pass again… I really love to take pictures… but I know that at a certain point, it won’t help me to get a job when it were needed, and if I have the opportunity to upgrade my studies and get this diploma… I have to do it…

The date for the FCE is early June this year… and I have to start studying and preparing my exam.. I am a self student by nature, I don’t really like to take courses… I know I will do it alone… but I need to set up my study routines and all to start next Monday…

I have the hope we will go shooting at the weekends, and I get something nice to show you. I want to apologize if I have been a bit absent lately, but it has been a bit difficult to make up my mind.

This is also my latest work...

... and I'm missing you too..

[Image: _DSC7653-01missingyou.jpg]

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Lovely photo and processing. Best of luck on your course.

Very evocative image Irma. Best of luck with your studies! Smile
Jan

Hey Irma, all the best in your course! If your photography is anything to go by, I think I can safely say that you learn things very quickly and your work is excellent! I have every confidence that you'll be able to do the same with your English course!

Make sure you enjoy yourself too -- that's the important thing! Big Grin

irma

is very moving ur shot

thanks for sharing

christian

Irma i will miss ALL your shots . Like this one what a great job . Good luck with you studies.

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

My good wishes to you, but I think English is easy.
Deutsch Italiano and chinese are the tricky ones. :o

Edit Just joking.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Very nice image Irma. As Julian was saying, I know you'll excel at your studies. You've shown us through the images you have posted.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Irma, good luck with the studies, and gosh what a stunning shot and PP work, as was said above somewhere, a very emotive peice of art! Wink

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

You are becoming a master photographer, Irma. I wish you well.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Beautiful shot as always Irma!!
Best of luck with your course, I'm sure you will make time to go shooting. You'll be sorely missed by all Smile

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Best of luck with the studies. I'm sure you'll still squeeze the odd picture in for us Smile

Hi Irma, this is another great pic.......wish you all the best with your studies!
I am sure that you will be able to multi task and squeeze us in some pics, I will be dissapointed if you don't!

cheers Russ Wink

Thanks a lot for your comments Smile I am happy I like the picture... Smile

See you soon... I hope with good news Wink

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Irma,
thanks a lot for sharing! your absence has been and will be noted, but then we will all know what it's good for.
All the best and good luck for your studies and the exam!!! I will be thinking of you.

If you decide to take the course, do you get to go to Cambridge? I was there for my PhD and it' s a lovely, picturesque, very photogenic little town, so I am sure you would enjoy it.
And by the way it is absolutely packed with tons of people with tons of interests, and the colleges offer many facilities, like, just to mention it, darkrooms!!

And becoming a teacher is such a rewarding goal. I started to get into beginner's ESL (English as second language) teacher. I work with refugees who come to New York, among others, and I can't even begin to tell you what a wonderful job it is. and remember, I am not a native speaker either Smile

So aaaaaaaaaaaaaall the best, I have confidence in you and no doubt you'll make it!

uli

PS: whereabouts in Germany do you live?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jan 28, 2011, 20:43