Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Tomato Beef Rissoles

You know, I've always wanted to become a photographer for a food magazine - that way I can combine two of my favourite interests: cooking and photography. Here's a recipe that I made up...

Quote:I made a whole lot of these simple treaties for a Christmas BBQ we had at our place on Christmas Eve. Delicious as they were, I forgot to take one batch of patties out of the fridge to cook, so we've been eating beef patties ever since. Remember not to cook them too much, otherwise like me, you'll be having crusty burnt beef for lunch. They can be cooked both over the BBQ or on a stove - I leave it up to you to decide.
[Image: DSC_3272.JPG]

Quote:Ingredients

Minced Beef
Sundried Tomatoes
Fetta Cheese
Worcestershire Sauce
Salt 'n Pepper

Method

1. Chop up the sundried tomatoes and the fetta cheese into tiny cubes. You want them to be small enough to spread through the mixture, but still large enough so they don't just disappear into a gooey mess.

2. Mix the sundried tomatoes and cheese through the minced beef.

3. Season the mixture with worcestershire sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. I don't actually recommend you taste the uncooked mixture, lest you end up with food poisoning.

4. Leave for a few hours in the fridge for the flavours to develop.

5. Scoop out spoonfuls of the mixture and roll into round balls between the palms of your hands. Washing hands beforehand is highly recommended.

6. Oil a shallow pan / BBQ and fry until brown on both sides. You can take out your frustrations by flattening the balls into patties - I leave it up to your psychiatrist to decide.

Serve on a bed of rice or lettuce, and watch your guests tremble as the complex yet simple flavours infused into the meat seep into their palattes. You can thank me later.
Bon Apetit! Big Grin

I shall definitely give your recipe a try....Will report back with the verdict!
Nicely exposed pic BTW Smile

Looks delicious. Wink

Sounds awesome. Yum. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Thanks everyone....

NB - I'm not responsible for any food poisoning! :o

But I'll gladly accept all compliments! Big Grin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Keith Alan
Jul 20, 2007, 20:05