Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Flowers

I know that i should have used a reflector on the left side of these but i wanted to see what yall thought. Any other comments are very welcome.

1[Image: Hospital.jpg]

2[Image: 79_Rose.jpg]

Thanks ...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I like a lot #1 I think it works very nice as it is now... I like the way the flowers stand out from the black background... and I have to say I don't normaly like pictures with black background...
The boquet also in very nice with many colors and different flowers... looks really nice...

About the second one I think lacks composition and the background is distracting... but it might just be me...

Irma Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I think you have a lot of dead space, but you know that already with the reclector comment Smile

I would try a tighter crop on the main bouquest of flowers, leaving out the shadow and even the vase. The flowers themselves are excellent.

kind of like this ?

[Image: Hospital1.jpg]

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

It looks great to me... It improves a lot with this crop!!! Smile

Great advice from Bob Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

thank you Irma and Bob. I like the crop a lot more too...

...... Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by czkid
Apr 16, 2015, 03:46
Last Post by Dean
Aug 23, 2013, 17:10
Last Post by Barbara G.
Jul 15, 2013, 18:22