Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New York City Street Scene

Was in NYC for a few days (over St. Patty's Day). I took a few shots. This is one of my favs so far.

[Image: New%20York%20City%20Street.jpg]

Great shot Toad. I like it.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

That's not New York! It's much too clean. What happened to the raggedy old newspapers on the street?

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Very nice, looks like a movie set

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Nice mix of light and shade Toad.

Canon stuff.

Wonderful picture, indeed.
What I love the most is the sharpness and clarity... Beautiful colors as well...
Very nice composition...
Agree with Schell... it looks like a movie set...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

hi

nice, what part of NY? italian? i like the dude(bloke) standing in the corner.
you always have this images of a town(city) in your head. and sometimes is nothing what you image it.

thanks fro sharing.

was this d200? how is it going with the new toy?

byrt_001 Wrote:hi

nice, what part of NY? italian? i like the dude(bloke) standing in the corner.
you always have this images of a town(city) in your head. and sometimes is nothing what you image it.

thanks fro sharing.

was this d200? how is it going with the new toy?
This is Soho in Manhattan - and yes - this is the D200 and Nikkor18-200 VR lens.

I agree that the people really make this shot. This shot is a combination of luck and persistence. I took a lot of street shots - and most of them seemed to have something not "right" about them. But I like every bit of this one - the more I look at it - the more detail I see - all of it interesting. For example - in the lower left of the photo, there is a weird red homemade tricycle thing for delivering something large. n the window of the Occitane, there are diners eating. I think this one will work really well blown up really large - which I will likely do.

hi

and also the stickers on the post office bin, that is what i really looked in the first place. i think it is the light. just soo much to see.

Nice and yes, "Where is the garbage"? Big Grin The last time I was in NY, the street was filled with papers and all sorts of stuff drifting around in the wind.

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Trust me - there was plenty of garbage about - but strangely none in this photo - I didn't PhotoShop it out either. Just another lucky break on this one.

fantastic Toad........really like the light and shade in this. Heaps of detail and interest.
Much post processing??(that could be a silly?) You seem to get a certian feel to your shots (style)!

Russt Wrote:fantastic Toad........really like the light and shade in this. Heaps of detail and interest.
Much post processing??(that could be a silly?) You seem to get a certian feel to your shots (style)!
There's some processing alright - but mostly quite subtle. Mostly selecting little bits of the photo and adjusting with curves to get just the interplay of shadow and light that I wanted. It's all fairly subtle, though. I was pretty lucky in that the D200 metered the scene pretty much perfectly. Thanks for the comment on style - it is one of the things I really try for in my stuff - occasionally I actually achieve it.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post