Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

cliche photography (warning water drops)

Yep we have all seen heaps of these.........I thought I would have a try.

I don't know why I waited so long, its fun to do. I like how they are all different. This is my first try and I have to say its a bit addictive Big Grin

some of these could suffer from over PP Big Grin i just couldn't help myself. Rolleyes
Feel free to drop (pun intended) any of your drop shots in.........

thanks for lookin

#1 the frog I hope you all can see it....its the only reason I included it Smile
[Image: frog.jpg]

[Image: 42_drop1.jpg]

[Image: dotthei.jpg]

[Image: drop3.jpg]

Very cool! i love the PP

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Do you lock the focus first?

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Your pictures are great Russ... How did you do it!...

I have tried once or twice but I haven't been too successful... It will be raining the whole week, it might be a good entertainment Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

They are cool shots. I like that you used a blue back ground. It sure adds to the images. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Russt, #4..... just ........ WOW :|

FujiFilm Finepix S5600

Thankyou all for your comments

NT, focus is the sticky one its hard to focus on water. Manual was not easy I was not sure, so I went to auto stuck a pen into the water where I thought the drops would go...half press for focus then switch back to manual.

The set up was just a glass pie dish. I used 50mm prime lens got it as close as I could. The shots have been croped to 50% or more (digital zoom Wink ) a macro lens would be better!
Av mode with flash sync. set to 1/200 sec I also stoped the flash compensation back to -1.
Now I have seen these shots taken from f4 to f22 I took some at f22, f14 and some at f8 the shots at f8 were much better for me (sharp)
All thats left to do is hit the self time and try to get some drops going at the right pace and place. (good luck) over 40 shots to get just a few.....Big Grin

Quote:it might be a good entertainment
Irma, it was fun....I'm now thinking of other set ups. Its like a lucky dip you never know what your going to get!

#5 sorry one more..Big Grin
[Image: drop4.jpg]

I can always look at more water drops! I woul dnot say these are over-processed - they look really good.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by GrahamS
Sep 17, 2017, 03:34