Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Newcastle Baths & the ships on the horizon

This is a photograph of the old Newcastle Baths from the road above, on the horizon the blobs are ships (usually 20-30) waiting to enter port to load coal. Newcastle is the biggest exporter of coal in the Southern Hemisphere (or the world I think).

[Image: 46_newcastlebaths.jpg]

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

hi pat

thanks for sharing your part of australia

1. try to saveyour photos on 6 to get more clarity and definition. Are you ussing photoshop?
2. read on the web about the rule of thirds or even here shuttertalk link

this shot would look amazin at night.

thanks againg

christian

Hey Pat, I think it's a nice and pleasant photo. While I see what Christian is referring to regarding the horizon being dead smack in the centre, I think the the bottom right and left thirds, there is enough subject matter to draw the viewer's interest.

Keep up the good work - looked like a beautiful day there!

hi

maybe a crop? sorry there is no other way to show you, i hope you do not mind?

[Image: 8_46_newcastlebaths.jpg]

Cropped is much better, I use Photoshop CS, not sure what you mean 'save on 6', next time will post to the more appropriate forum and ask for a critique. I do see what you mean about thirds. Thanks.

Cheers,
Pat

hi
sorry
image quality compression

[Image: 85_screen_1.jpg]

Hi Pat,

Ahhhhh, memories.... I grew up in Newcastle.... There has always been lots of ships waiting out there... Good to see not much has changed..

Keep on snapping.

Ah, Newcastle, spent a week there one night!! Used to drive up there in the late 70's with a group of friends from Liverpool to get a coffee, I think we were a bit crazy then!! Big Grin

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm
not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein

Didn't like it when we first moved from Sydney to Port Stephens/ Newcastle area, my father's place of birth Newcastle and where he grew up. It has changed so much, especially since the closure of the steelworks, the harbour foreshore is fantastic and the food situation much more sophisticated. Best of all lots of history and places to photograph.

Cheers,
Pat

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by wulinka
Nov 7, 2007, 18:15
Last Post by NT73
Jan 12, 2007, 20:52