Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New career

Well some of you know that I've been a boat builder for a luxury yacht manufacturer for a number of years. I have since moved on because of one reason or another. One being the Canadian dollar rising has caused buyers south of the border to buy near home. A year and a half later I'm on to a new career as a Tech for a crane company. The series of images that follow show one of the small hydraulic cranes being erected. This particular one, RB1035N is listed on the link I have provided. The process took the better part of a day. Apologies to those that have trouble with multiple images. I tried to keep the file sizes to a minimum.

1) As it looks for transportation. Hooked to a truch by 5th wheel.
[Image: Mega-004-web.jpg]

2) Next is to set the downriggers for stabilization. Here showing a tech levelling the platform.
[Image: Mega-007-web.jpg]

3) The truck is then pulled ahead and the erection begins.
[Image: Mega-013-web.jpg]

4) The unfolding of the mast and boom are operated by hydraulics.
[Image: Mega-017-web.jpg]

5)
[Image: Mega-022-web.jpg]

6)
[Image: Mega-027-web.jpg]

7)
[Image: Mega-033-web.jpg]

8)
[Image: Mega-035-web.jpg]

9) Before the boom can be extended the counter weights must be put into place. Next is to remove the rear trolly.
[Image: Mega-038-web.jpg]

10) Counter weights being added. When finished the boom will be fully extended.
[Image: Mega-043-web.jpg]

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I have seen those in Hamburg and Luebeck ports... They are so hight... to me they resemble to a bird... I don't know why... but if I look close the picture #6 looks like a swan Smile

Is this special for construction?

Very interesting and great pictures, Colin Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Congratulations, Colin, and good luck in your new job!

It sure looks impressive, to say the least. Real hardware. Being a software programmer, I'm in deep awe when I see machinery like this. Take care!

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Thanks Irma and G. Yes Irma, they are used in construction mostly. The building you see in the background would likely have had a couple there to assist with construction. Probably one on the ground and one on the roof.

My flickr images

Fascinating - I always wondered how those cranes were put up. So how do they get them on top of a 50 story building?

Wow, definitely cool stuff! I've always wondered how stuff like that is done... at any one day I look out the window and see at least 10 cranes around the city. Technology and machinery is amazing isn't it?

hi

wooow..me too i also wonder that..thanks for sharing peto, good luck in your new projects

Thanks friends.Smile

Toad Wrote:Fascinating - I always wondered how those cranes were put up. So how do they get them on top of a 50 story building?
I'm sure they do it anyway they can. Helicopter maybe? Another crane?

My flickr images

congrats on the new career Peto, Great series of shots.........interesting