Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

And To Dust We Shall Return (Warning: Animal carcass)

I found this in the bucket of a dredge. Views like this hold a strange fascination for me.

[Image: img_1321-02.jpg]

Larger version

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

I think I'll leave the larger version for someone else to view.Big Grin I wonder what kind of bird it was?:/

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Glad I had my breakfast before I looked.............errr thanks for sharing :/ Big Grin

Guerito, If you like these, I have something for ya! Wink

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Thanks for your comments! I hope everyone kept their breakfast inside. Big Grin

There is an artist in Chicago who has mastered the art of bones to perfection. If you want to see really stylish bones, visit Jessica Joslin's exhibition (you need the flash player plugin).

@Janika: What do you have for me, then? Bring it on! Big Grin

guerito Wrote:Thanks for your comments! I hope everyone kept their breakfast inside. Big Grin
I don't have a problem with the carcass at all; I find it fascinating. The way it's hanging upside-down in the photo is more unsettling to me, but after rotating the photo (actually, the whole laptop) I can't find any orientation that looks natural. Has this image been rotated at all?

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

No rotation, Matthew. The skeleton is lying upside down in one side of the bucket of a dredge and I took the photograph from the other side. I tried to rotate and mirror,. I had the skeleton in every position but neither felt any better. So I posted it as seen.

Thanks, that's what I suspected.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

Very interesting. What is that inside it? It looks like remains of a fetus.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post