Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Long gallery

I feel it lacks something. Probably talent, but maybe a lower viewpoint? I wanted the shadows but it looks short somehow.

[Image: PH3.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Hmm. I think you would have been better off to see the entire portal at the end of the hallway - maybe even some ceiling. That would have given it more of the tall, long, narrow look. I assume you had reasons for cropping the top like this.

One thing you can do to give the existing shot more "length" is to change your orientation to portrait because portrait supports the tall, long, thin look, whereas landscape contradicts it. In a shot like this, the eye moves from bottom to top. In landscape, your eye tends to move left to right.

Here is a 2 second crop to show you what I mean.

[Image: PH32.jpg]

i think that another viewpoint might help here too. Maybe try to look "down " instead of up. may have to get on a chair or something like that to get taller. or like Toad said adding more ceiling.

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Toads quick fix looks pretty good!
Nice how it actually looks longer although you cut a part off. And the shadows stand out more, because the eye isn't distracted by the fence in the front.

Can you actually go back and try a few other perspectives?

uli

NT, I think Toad has hit on whats missing..........it needs the height. I think Toads crop works a bit better but I would still like see more.......:/

I can see the potential......... Smile

It was uncropped, and yes I have been back a few times. Maybe next time I will try all different angles and viewpoints. I just got the shadows and the sun went in.
Yes Toad's crop lengthens it. It is about 100yards from my point to the far end.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post