Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Street Performers in Love

Although there were many performers at the Fremantle Easter Street Festival today, these two really made the biggest impression on me.

Their drumming was great, but it was their presence that stopped both me and my friend Tina in our tracks. They were absolutely radiant, their beaming smiles brightening the whole street. And they weren't forced smiles, they were genuinely in a world of their own and could not have been happier. This wasn't part of their performance.
It was quite remarkable, its not often you can be captivated and moved simply by a smile. And it wasn't just me, my friend Tina was equally dumbstruck.

[Image: IMG_8166.jpg]

After standing there watching and listening to them for 10 or 15 minutes we finally found out why they were so happy; the man proudly stopped drumming to announce that they had been married a couple of days before. Big Grin

When Tina and I left, we both felt as though we'd witnessed something very special. Big Grin

[Image: IMG_8147.jpg]

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Excellent shots, Kombi! You captured the essence of their happiness.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

This really is a touching street photo.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

The light in #2 is nice. I assume you converted this, would you mind showing a color version? Why did you go for the b/w? Festivals are usually such colorful events!

uli

They are totally gorgeous!!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

You captured their happiness and brought it here Big Grin
hehe, nice shots! I like it how they are smiling and making eyecontact with each other, very cool!

Great capture, this proves a picture is worth a thousand words.

You nailed it Kombi.

Canon stuff.

Thanks Smile
Its hard for me to be objective when looking at shots like this. No matter how the shots turned out they would remind me of the moment, so its difficult to judge how effective they are without showing them to people who weren't there.

Uli, I went for a b/w treatment because in this case I felt the colours weren't adding a lot to the image. The performers themselves were dressed in quite subdued colours, and they were performing at the edge of the festival, in front of a row of cafes and shops that were in dark shadow.
Below is a colour version of a photo I took at the same time as the b/w one above. Its such a shame the woman is blinking though Sad I love everything else about this photo (especially how their hands are in sync). Its almost worth photoshopping her eyes open Wink

[Image: IMG_8146.jpg]

Oh, and for the record.. the first shot was taken with a Sigma 28mm f/1.8 (at f/4), and the other two with a Canon EF 135mm f/2L (at f/3.5). I really enjoyed wandering around there with a 28mm prime on my camera (45mm equiv) - it made me feel like I was Henri C-B Big Grin Tongue

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Almost worth just cropping the shot to show the hands - the sync looks great.

Canon stuff.

hi

great stuff, love the shots, i can almost feel the beat

christian

What a heartwarming story... to go along with a beautiful picture.

Another one of those priceless moments in life...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post