Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Down the Bellows.

This was an idea I got by looking at the photo and seeing something else.
So I just put a border around it, with a bit of gaussian and lettering to give the impression of the title.
Making it look like the old plate cameras. It is a bit dark on purpose.

You can comment or critique if you wish.

[Image: Chester%20trip.%20057a.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

NT73 Wrote:Making it look like the old plate cameras. It is a bit dark on purpose.
I like the image, and the exposure, but you've lost me with the border. I may not be the target audience, but as a viewer, it doesn't make sense to me. Maybe if you could merge the photo with another of a film holder, or some similar item...? (I'm still a pup. I've never even seen film that doesn't come in a cylinder.)

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

But it does look like the bellows on an old-style camera - which judging by the title was what NT was going for...

Great stuff NT. Right on. Smile

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Excellent picture NT, I like it a lot... Smile

Did you take different perspectives of this place? It looks like inviting to work a lot with composition Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

Toad Wrote:But it does look like the bellows on an old-style camera ...
Oh, I don't doubt it; I just don't get it.
I know enough about NT's work to assume that the effect is spot-on, but it just isn't something that I would have understood on my own. I approach it as an image in a (rather overbearing) digital frame, not as one whole image.

Like I said, I'm a pup.

matthewpiers.com • @matthewpiers | robertsonphoto.blogspot.com | @thewsreviews • thewsreviews.com

I think that is down to the scale of it. Maybe I should have laid it sideways.
Does this help? These were the best thing before sliced bread.Big Grin
Also I was around before TV became a household item. Imagine what delights you will be able to look back on in another 40/50 years. I understand what you mean though.

[Image: bellows.jpg]

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.