Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

My first macro

This is the first time I have used a macro with my Canon PowerShot Pro1, hibiscus metabilis as is, no post processing.

[Image: hibiscus.jpg]

I'm chuffed Smile

Cheers,
Pat
Canon 400D plus assorted lenses

Hi Pat, good job! I hope you don't mind - I added a bit of sharpening and boosted the saturation...

[Image: hibiscus2.jpg]

Needed sharpening, maybe a bit too much saturation, the flower colour was delicate which is what I liked about it, but I do like your end result.

Cheers,
Pat

Shuttertalk's version shows th epotential of your photo. Very delicate indeed.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

I think I prefer Pats version. Sorry ST but I can see all the veins in the petals and the leaves look a very natural color. Your version looks ...harder ...somehow. Can't explain better than that.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Lol yeah... must be my laptop LCD at home. At work, it looks too saturated. I still stand by the sharpening though... Big Grin

Very nice macro picture Pat! I like the composition and the sweet colors contrasting with the dark background... Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

I must have the reputation for blurry stuff by now, but never the less I would have liked to see the background slightly more blurred, drawing the focus of attention to the blossom.
On my screen the colors of the blossom don't really "pop" either, wich I think is something not to be shy of!

I see where you're heading though and it is a nice shot to start with! And macro is soo much fun, so i hope you'll immerse in it and show more soon :-)

uli

here is a little careful blurr to the background (which doesn't achieve the effect of a real lense blur of course) and slight curve manipulation to the blossom and buds.

I apologise if my screen is fooling me! (but ususally it is on the bright sight...)

uli

[Image: 67_hibiscus.jpg]

Just right, thanks Wink

Cheers,
Pat

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post