Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

rescued.....great news

wow what great news the trapped miners are finally out. This Story has been on our TV's morning, noon and night for over two weeks. I am sure all aussie and international members of Shutter talk have been following this.

I wondered if they would ever get them out.........it is has been an inspiration to watch the dedication of all involved in getting Todd Russell and Brant Webb out. The courage of these blokes is amazing!!

Thoughts and sympathy’s go out to the family and friends of Larry Knight who lost his life in the disaster.

That is awesome news indeed. It's amazing that they managed to survive down there all this time, and it's just a testament to the skill of the rescuers and also the spirit of the miners.

As the article mentioned, it's sad that one miner, Larry Knight, was killed in the initial rockfall, but at least these two survived. It's also quite sad that a veteran journalist and public figure, Richard Carleton, died of a heart attack while covering the news story on Sunday. Apparently he had finished asking a tough question, then moments later staggered off and collapsed.

In true journalistic fashion, His last question was about safety: "On the 26th of October last year, not 10 metres from where these men are now entombed, you had a 400-tonne rock fall. Why is it — is it the strength of the seam, or the wealth of the seam — that you continue to send men in to work in such a dangerous environment?"

As the media has fittingly said - he died with his boots on.

Yeah that was great news for the survivors. Big Grin
Its hard to imagine what those guys (and their families) have been through over the last 2 weeks. Not something you'd wish on anybody. Of course the rescue is little consolation for the family of Larry Knight.

I'm fairly cynical about the media coverage of the event though, but of course that doesn't take away from the seriousness of the event. And it is sad to hear about Richard Carleton as well.

There's a good chance I'll need to drive through Beaconsfield when I do some work in Launceston that's coming up for me soon. It might be worth stopping for a coffee there and taking a quick look. I can be the shuttertalk one-man media crew (about 6 weeks too late).

Adrian Broughton
My Website: www.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
My Blog: blog.BroughtonPhoto.com.au
You can also visit me on Facebook!
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." - Einstein.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by vlad
Oct 22, 2012, 13:54