Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

some more from " the wedding "

Sorry to beat a dead horse here , but i thought that yall would like to see just a few more here . The cologe ( sp ) is still in the works , if yall have any ideas please let me know . The parents of the Bride want a few to hang on the wall and i want them to be " right " .

I didnt tell yall that when they came over to show me the rest of the shots , they brought a pic that they had blown up to a 8 x 10 from Wal-Mart and all i could do is laugh at them. The shot that they blew up was the one of the bride that i showed yall and now i am going to make a little bit of money off that one too because the enlargement looked soooooo bad that i am going to get the one that i played with enlarged for them LOL .... I love when im right . I told them that they would be wasting there money if they use wal mart ....

anyways here are a few ......

[Image: cologe%20copy%202.jpg]

#2 I tried to blur out everything but the bride and groom [Image: baloons%20blur%20vin%20web%20copy.jpg]

#3 all i did here was crop , i dont know if i like this shot or not. her expression SUX!!!! LOL [Image: outside.jpg]

Thanks for looking and please tell me what you think..... Shawn

P.S. I am going to go out in the morning and shoot some shot for myself , so i wont be showing all these boring pics that i have been working on LOL Big Grin

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

I like what you have done in #1. Very professional

I think #2 doesn't quite work, as the background people and the bride and groom are in roughly the same position in relation to the camera. That fools the eye in thinking the bride and groom are blurry as well - thus - a blurry shot. This kind of blurring looks best when there is a distance separation between the blurred and non blurred elements.

In #3 - I would get rid of the stop sign.

Nice work Drake - I hope the customers appreciate it now that they are over the stress of the big day and can reflect on what you have done for them.

Thank you Toad,

I have to agree with you on #2 . I think i will try something else with it . Or maybe just leave it alone . I think it works all by itself too. And i am going to get rid of the stop sign in #3 , it really jumps out at you with this crop LOL ..

Thanks again .......... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Hi Shawn,

I think number two is a lovely shot and would much prefer it without the blur. I don't really like the way the first shot is layed out - but some people are into that type of thing. It feels a little out of date to me. I feel the black rounded borders are also not really suiting the background. Sorry to sound so negative.

As for number three - you are right about the expression on the bride's face.

It must have been such a difficult day considering all the issues you had to deal with.

Canon stuff.

Wedding Shooter Wrote:Hi Shawn,

I think number two is a lovely shot and would much prefer it without the blur. I don't really like the way the first shot is layed out - but some people are into that type of thing. It feels a little out of date to me. I feel the black rounded borders are also not really suiting the background. Sorry to sound so negative.

Dont be silly about sounding negative , i put these on here to see what i need to do to learn. ( this place has taught me a lot Big Grin ) . I want/need to learn so much and i can handle all the " negative " comments ....

And I agree with you about the blur in the second shot , i like the idea but as Toad said wrong picture to do it with.

It was a " hard " shoot for me, but if i had someone with your kind of experence i think all would have been fine. And besides it looks like i might have another one to do ( a wedding :/ ) in about 7 months or so , so i am going to be doing a lot of research. Wish me luck Big Grin

Thanks for your time ............. Shawn

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 30, 2013, 11:19
Last Post by EdMak
Jul 30, 2013, 09:40
Last Post by Banded Drake
Dec 11, 2006, 18:46