Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pimp My Ride

Well its not my ride but that show makes me laugh. This post is just to prove that I don't only shoot girls! Although earlier in the shoot there was a girl involved but I'm not posting her!!!

[Image: _MG_1723-W.jpg]

Fantasic shot J. I hate to point it out because you're such a seasoned pro but your horizon is tilted. Also, post the girl!Big Grin

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

C'mon Colin, I'm trying to create a negative space because the car is angled down opposite to the horizon.

Ok ok so maybe I just didn't notice the horizon! Tongue

I'll post the girl later when I get home.

Lol... and besides, car shots always look better when they're "going up"... Smile yeah, that's it. Big Grin

No, seriously, this is great work Jamie. I love the smoothness and cleanness of the shot.

On the negative side, I think the bottom half and top half don't quite match in terms of colour or hue...

Looks great!!

Looks great to me. Also looks like a composite.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

hi

wow...great shot

but...

where is the girl??Big Grin

uuhmm

did you notice that on the reflection the writing on the car has more contrast or is brighter that the car's writing. did you do the wetdown? did you try another shot with the lights on?

christian

The reflected logo is pretty odd eh? Coz the rest of the car is slightly washed out. It isn't a composite though, I boosted the existing colour in the sky and water for dramatic effect but aside from that only cloned out a bit of front curb at the bottom of the shot.

We tried a lot of different shots, including lights on later in the night. I couldn't be stuffed getting my tripod out though and I left about 15 minutes after this shot was taken.

And you lot aren't getting any girlies, you can all go get stuffed Tongue

Cool reflection effect and a nicely pimped out car! Wink I also like the background, Good job!

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

SJ great shot.........there seems to be a lot of HDR on the site again and this shot has that feel to.......hmmmm??

love the sky, background and reflection! almost gets the thumbs up.........just one thing missing Big GrinBig Grin

read this thread is like waiting for an encore

All I can say is... bah humbug! I guess I do have a reputation to keep as the resident perve Tongue

[Image: _MG_1572.jpg]

[Image: _MG_1616.jpg]

i was waitin for the encore , and it was worth it LOL , great job as always !!!! Love them all !!!

........ Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Ok, Can we sign all up for the next shoot?! Big Grin

We don't make mistakes, We make discoveries!

Hey, get that guy outta the shot.Big Grin Greeeeat stuff J.

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

I'm sayin' nowt.

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Neither would you if you were a wizened old hag. :o

Pol

Big Grin yeah pretty girl!!!Big Grin

Nice work with the car. Did you insert the relfection or was the water really still. I am guessing the sky has been adjusted to suit the mood of the pic as well.

Cheers

Ok here is the original and the retouched version together...

The shot was converted from a raw file with a light and dark which was combined making it look like a HDR shot but not using the same technique.

The print sized version has the haloing fixed around the building plus the railing removal on the grass cleaned up so its not as obvious as well as a few other minor bits.

The main changes were in the sky and reflection (which was real, very still when sheltered behind the Narrows bridge for you Perthites) and that is about it really.

[Image: _MG_1723.jpg]

Thanks for that Smile

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Sep 4, 2017, 21:25
Last Post by Don Schaeffer
Jul 31, 2011, 09:41