Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Fireworks

This is about 5 different shots that i threw together ( just playing around ) and thought that i would share it with yall since yall are soooooooo not posting anything lately.Big Grin .......

all of these were shot at 1.5 sec iso 100 . ap. priority.

thanks for looking

[Image: fire%20wroks%20web.jpg]

...... Shawn

Canon 20d and a few cheap lenses ..

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Great stuff Shawn

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

thanks Schell. this was my first try at fire works ,. I wish i was at a real show , the neighbor had all of these in a kit that he bought so i thought i would see what i could get . Im glad you like them .

I just wish i was around some water to get a reflection too .But beggers cant be choisers Big Grin

..... Shawn

It is our job as photographers to show people what they saw but didnt realize they saw it ......

Nicely done Smile I've tried fireworks a few times and haven't gotten anything even remotely close to usable!

I like the colour you have got. Mine usually appear rather whitish, with the exception being one I posted here a few months back.

Lumix LX5.
Canon 350 D.+ 18-55 Kit lens + Tamron 70-300 macro. + Canon 50mm f1.8 + Manfrotto tripod, in bag.

Put together nicely BD.........Smile

Thanks Yall ,

it was fun tryin to get these , makes me want to go buy some and go shoot some more . But over water this time .....

I lied about AP priority . I had the camera set a f22

.......... THanks again .. Shawn

My first try with fireworks was very disappointing... I didn't get anything nice....

Your picture is beautiful, Shawn...

Congrats!! Smile

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

thanks Irma. Glad you liked it . .

.... Shawn

You have hit on a very good setting for fireworks, Shawn.
After having success myself, the recommendation I always make is shutter under 2 seconds to catch full trails without overdoing it, and closing down the aperture to keep the colors from washing out.
And low ISO for clean, noise/grain free skies.
(Of course, a tripod or improvised solid rest is mandatory.)
Good job!

As an alternative to reflections off water--which definitely make for a more interesting fireworks shot, this year I tried including some kids as an added subject.

[Image: zDSC04524.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Wedding Shooter
May 24, 2007, 03:41