Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Catho coal loader

G'day all,

just a shot of Catherine Hill Bay coal loader from an outing the other week.

Here is a link with a bit of info on the area. Some more trivia........Mel Gibson did one of his first ever movies here.......it was about surfing life. (i think)

[Image: catho2.jpg]

Yes, very beautiful. Firstly your background lends itself well to mono treatment. Great lines, and subjects as well in the image.

Why isn't this in the critique section? Big Grin

Wow!. The tones are most excellent Russ. Can you please reveal your processing?

Sit, stay, ok, hold it! Awww, no drooling! :O
My flickr images

Very atmospheric. It looks like a good movie site.

Nikon D3100 with Tokina 28-70mm f3.5, (I like to use a Vivitar .43x aux on the 28-70mm Tokina), Nikkor 10.5 mm fisheye, Quanteray 70-300mm f4.5, ProOptic 500 mm f6.3 mirror lens. http://donschaefferphoto.blogspot.com/

Thanks ST and Peto,

St, only to happy to receive some critique.

Peto, the main parts of the pp would be curves and and contrast mask, but in case anyone is interested here is a quick run through.........this will be rough Rolleyes

convert to b&w using channel mixer plus play with the tones using hue and saturation see mitch's tutorial (thanks mitch) note did not use the channel mixer settings in the tutorial. I checked the channel's (R B G) in the channel's patette to work out how much red green blue to use for the mixer.(thanks Irma)

anyway this is the part that might be of interest
"contrast mask"

Copy the background (new layer) note flatten image first or copy layers to the new layer
Then image adjustments.......invert
Next set the blend to overlay
Then filter, blur, gaussian blur.....make sure preview is ticked now add the blur, this picture was around 90. Watch your pic as you add the blur you will need to add quite a lot.
Now you can change opacity of the layer to your taste.

After that I made another adjustment layer with curves to try and get some more tone range out

oh and there was also a tint for the sepia

I hope you can follow that

Big Grin

thanks Don...........I will have to do some research on the movie..........it was really bad!!

Excellent! I'm not a big fan of sepia but here it works very well for me.

Gallery/ Flickr Photo Stream

Reality is for wimps who can't face photoshop.

Bravo!!! Smile

Hi Russ Smile

What a lovely image and treatment.... Smile You worked beautifuly your composition... and your treatment is perfect Smile
I don't normally work with frames on my images but I like a lot the way you frame it... Smile

Irma...

A work of art which did not begin in emotion is not art.
Paul Cezanne

thanks Irma and G appreciate the feedback

oh and Peto I forgot to say the original was shot with a CP Filter which helped.

Love the composition and PP work you have done on this - very nice.

Canon stuff.

Very nice!

Canon 350D with Speedlight 580EX flash
EFS 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 II, EF 90-300mm f/4.5-5.6 USM, EF 50mm f/1.8

http://www.inspired-images.com.au

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread / Author Replies Views Last Post
Last Post by Pat
Mar 16, 2007, 18:15